Thursday, July 11, 2013

Chantecaille 'Just Skin' Tinted Moisturizer Review

The thing with 'Cult Products' is you either buy into them or you aren't phased, at all.  I'm the former...

I've been watching Beauty Videos/reading Beauty Blogs for a long time now, and so many of my favorite people to watch/read always rave about this particular Tinted Moisturizer: the Chantecaille 'Just Skin' Tinted Moisturizer ($64).



Within the last year, I've been to London four times, which basically means I've been to Space NK four times, which also means I've been to the Chantecaille counter and swatched this particular tinted moisturizer (you guessed it) four times.  On my most recent trip to London (see hauls here and here), I had a little extra cash left at the end of my trip and opted to pick this up - despite the hefty price tag.

Let's start out with coverage - it's sheer, like really sheer.  This is the sheerest tinted moisturizer I've ever tried, not that that's a fault for me.  I'm a massive fan of sheer bases, looking for the slightest amount of coverage to cover any redness and evening out my skin-tone.  However, if you're someone who wants a little more coverage in a tinted moisturizer, this one isn't for you.  Although, you can build it up to some degree, it's not going to be as heavy coverage as something like the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($42) (which I also really like).

Another thing to be aware of before taking the plunge is that this has a glowy finish to it.  For me, this is both a blessing and a curse, I love a glowy finish to my base, but I also have combination skin, so I don't want to look oily, either.  If you have dry skin, this will be great for you, but if you're more on the oily side, you can still work with this, but be sure to keep some powder on hand for later in the day!

As for longevity, it's not too shabby, considering it's the sheerest of sheer coverages.  Even 10 hours later, I can still detect some coverage!

There's also some added benefits to this tinted moisturizer: an SPF 15 and it's Anti-Smog.  The Anti-Smog benefit makes it a perfect choice for someone who lives in a city or goes to cities a lot, but for those of us, who are a little separated from the rest of the population, well, it sure doesn't hurt.

Do I like this tinted moisturizer? Yes.  Do I think it's worth $64 a tube (or £57 for those of you in the UK)? No.  It's a nice tinted moisturizer, but I don't think it truly deserves the cult status it's acquired.

Longevity: 4/5
Packaging: 5/5
Texture: 5/5
Application: 5/5
Value For Money: 3.5/5 
Overall Rating: 9/10

The Chantecaille 'Just Skin' Tinted Moisturizer contains 50 ml of product.  I wear the shade 'Alabaster' (the lightest shade) for reference.

Follow with GFC on the side of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment