Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MAC Twig Lipstick Review

Last September, while I was in England, I was just having one of those days, where everything seemed to have gone wrong for me.  I remember that was the day where parts of England had gotten a month's worth of rain in one day - it was pretty horrendous.  So, due to the tragedy of the day I was having, I did what any sane person would do in that sort of situation - I went shopping.

I found myself in MAC and I ended up getting the MAC Twig Lipstick ($15/£14).  I had been wanting it for a while and then seemed as good a time as any to buy it.


Once I returned back to Germany, it sat with my other lipsticks, unused an unloved.  At the beginning of the month, I spontaneously decided to use it and since then, I haven't really stopped.  It's what I deem a transition lipstick, and by that garbage phrasing, I basically mean that it's the perfect lipstick to wear for those two times of the year, when it's not exactly warm outside, but it's not that cold either.  Making it an ideal choice for months like February-March and September-October.


MAC describes the color as a 'soft muted brownish-pink', which I agree with, but I would say there is just a bit of berry in there, too.  This shade would be the perfect work-appropriate shade for anyone, but especially for those with darker skin tones (NC30+).  For those of us who are pale, this could also be a work-appropriate shade, but it could also be worn at night, too, which is why I love it.  I'm a huge fan of statement lips, and although this isn't exactly a statement lip color, it does still show them off a bit more than your average everyday lip color would.

Twig is a Satin finish, which is a finish I really love, as it has the longevity of a matte lipstick, but it glides on more easily and is more moisturizing than a matte finish.  This lipstick doesn't last all day, but it definitely lasts a good 6 hours or so (depending greatly on if I eat or drink something in those 6 hours, if so, I need to whack on a bit more as it does transfer).  Also, unlike with matte shades, lip liner is definitely not required with Satin finishes.  It's so easy to apply (though I wouldn't necessarily recommend the Satin finish to someone who has never used lipstick before, as it's still more difficult to work with than say a Lustre or a Creamsheen lipstick).

Overall, I highly recommend this shade.  If you're looking for a work-appropriate shade or just a new lipstick for this awkward weather stage this time of year always seems to land itself in, try Twig!

Longevity: 4.5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Application: 4/5
Texture: 5/5
Pigmentation: 4.5/5
Value For Money: 4/5
Overall Rating: 8.67/10


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page


No comments:

Post a Comment