Sunday, February 24, 2013

MAC Craving Lipstick Review

After Lily Pebbles featured this in one of her posts, I immediately went to MAC and purchased this shade.  I just can't resist a reason to buy a new MAC lipstick :)






It's a gorgeous reddy-plummy shade, which is probably more of a Fall/Winter shade, but I don't care, I'm going to wear it in the Spring anyway!


MAC describes the shade as a 'Burst of Plum', which I personally disagree with.  Although the plum is apparent, I would consider it to be more red than plum.  Craving also has sparkles in it, which can't be felt on the lips, but add to the overall look of the lips.

Craving is an Amplified Creme Finish, which basically means that it has really great pigmentation, but it also has a creamy consistency, which makes it easy to apply and feels really hydrating on the lips.  However, due to the creaminess of the lipstick, it suffers more in the longevity department, though not by a lot.  I would put this at about the 4-hour mark without eating or drinking, which is definitely not bad in my books considering the hydration you get.

I think this shade would look particularly nice on any skin tone, whether as a statement lip or just for going to town (but that could just be me, I go grocery shopping in a full-on red lip, to each her own!).

Longevity: 3/5
Packaging: 4/5
Application: 4.5/5
Texture: 5/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Value For Money: 4/5
Overall Rating: 8.5/10


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment