Friday, February 1, 2013

January Favorites 2013!

It's officially February, so I thought I'd start the month off right with my monthly favorites from January!


This month, my skin was looking a little worse for wear, so when doing my weekly mask routine, I usually opted for the Origins Clear Improvement Mask ($23).  This is a clay-based mask, which I don't often reach for, as my skin stays generally in the Normal zone and doesn't tend to move in either direction.  However, this month, I was looking a bit oily so I loved using this for clearing out my pores.

I decided to stay away from foundation for most of the month, since my skin was acting up.  I don't own any medium/full-coverage foundations, so I didn't have a chance of covering my skin up, so I opted to just let it breathe instead.  I actually kept my make-up quite light overall, departing from my usual black eyeshadow used as eyeliner, as well.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
I still did discover some good stuff, though.  I fell in love with a new eyeshadow primer, NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base ($24) (review here), which knocks Urban Decay Primer Potion so far out of the park, it can't be seen for miles!  On top of that, I usually opted to use the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (about $8) (review here), as a way to add some depth to my eyes without needing to do much (I'm lazy, what can I say?).  I also discovered a new mascara, Revlon Grow Luscious (about $5) (review here), which I picked up while I was in America over the Holidays and now love!  


Even though I haven't lined my upper lash line this month (due both to laziness and a way for me to get used to not wearing eyeliner), I still lined my tightline everyday with the NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto ($23) (review here) just to make my lash line appear thicker without looking unnatural.


Benefit Coralista Blush
For blush, I decided to try out the famous Benefit Coralista ($28) (review here), which I found a sample of in my make-up collection (yay for samples!) and now really like.  Despite the cold weather outside, I can't help but wear my spring/summer make-up in the hopes that the weather will react to that somehow (so far, it hasn't worked..).  



My lip color of choice also reflects my need of Spring/Summer; I've been opting for my Clinique Chubby Stick in 05 Bountiful Blush ($16), which I used to hate, but have recently fallen in love with.  It's a tinted lip balm that gives off a MLBB look, which looks really natural (a far cry from my usual lip color choices, but I'm liking the natural look at the moment, if you can't tell ;) ).


Nails Inc. Baker Street
I've also been wearing a gorgeous, bright nail color for almost the entire month of January, Nails Inc. Baker Street ($9.50), which is a gorgeous cobalt blue (see NOTD post here).



My last favorite is the LUSH Solid Perfume in Imogen Rose ($15.95), which I picked up in Scotland last summer and am in love with the true rose scent!

I'm really glad that I sort of took this month to rediscover old favorites (for the most part) instead of going out and buying new things and falling in love with them *pats self on back*!  I'm trying to not spend as much on beauty this year as I normally do and I feel like I'm doing well so far, 1 month down...

No comments:

Post a Comment