Thursday, July 18, 2013

Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder 02 Blondes Review

Summer is most definitely here to stay in Germany (and in the US, too I hear).  Scorching temperatures of around 30°C (around 85°F) and a hot sun beating down on me all day - I die.  However, despite the beautiful Summer we're having, I don't get to enjoy it, as I have to study (yes, we still have class in July - it's tragic).  That being said, the only bit of Summer I get to enjoy is new make-up choices - enter the Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in 02 Blondes ($51).




A gorgeous bronzer that can give a subtle glow to the entire face or can be built up slightly for a small amount of definition.  It comes in 4 shades: 02 Blondes, 03 Brunettes, 04 Sun Blondes, and 05 Sun Brunettes.  I haven't swatched any of the other shades, but they seem to get deeper in color with each number (duh), and since I'm so very pale, I knew 02 Blondes was the perfect shade for me before I even swatched it.



02 Blondes is described as having 'soft suntan tones', which is the perfect description for this shade.  It doesn't bronze you up too much, it just gives a warm glow to the face.  Something I really like about this is that it's not completely matte, but it's not a glitterbomb either.  Since it's made up of different patches of color (a peachy shade, and then four different tones of bronze, only one of which has shimmer), it has different hues of bronze and only a small amount of glitter (which is also very subtle).  It's probably possible to just touch on the matte shades, but it wouldn't be the easiest, and it's definitely not possible to just use the glitter shades - but like I said, it's a very subtle shimmer that is sure to look good on everyone.

One thing to keep in mind before purchasing this beaut is that it's a Light Sheer Bronzing Powder, and it definitely means sheer.  It can be slightly built up, but it's not very pigmented - which you'll either love or hate.  I love that it's sheer because otherwise bronzers tend to go muddy on my complexion.  It gives a slight bronze-glow to the face, but it would be hard to over-do (at least with this shade).

That packaging is also something to write home about - it's so stunning, I could stare at it all day.  One last thing to keep in mind is that it's pretty heavily fragranced - and it smells kind of like my grandma.  Now, I don't mind that it smells exactly like my grandma (I really do mean exactly), because it reminds me of her (how sweet), but maybe you don't like the grandma make-up scent (unlike me), and if you don't you might be deterred from trying it.  My suggestion?  If you really want this, go and swatch it and give it a little sniff, as well.  Can't swatch it in person?  If you live in the US, you can always order it from places like Sephora or Nordstrom (or others, those are just the places I tend to shop for high-end beauty products), both of which have awesome return policies on beauty products.

I'm totally in love with this product, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a sheer bronzer!

Have you tried this product before?  What's your favorite bronzer?


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment