Friday, March 15, 2013

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in 17 Rose In Tension Review

Recently, YSL came out with a new lipstick formulation - the Rouge Volupté Shine ($34).  I haven't tried the original Rouge Volupté lipsticks yet, but I'm assuming that the formulation in the RV Shine is similar, just, well, shinier (but don't take my word on it, I really have no idea).

Once these new lipsticks came out, I was googling swatches like a mad man!  I ended up buying one in the shade 17 Rose In Tension after an in-person swatch wooed me over.



YSL has a lot going for them in the beauty department - the packaging of their products is impeccable and the scent of their products, well, I could smell them all day!  However, the actual products are not always as high of quality as everything else about them is.

The longevity of these lipsticks isn't amazing.  After about 2 hours, it has faded significantly - even without eating or drinking.  However, the color doesn't disappear completely, it does leave a bit of a stain behind (which I personally love).  But these are things to keep in mind before forking over $34!

The name of this lipstick in particular is also little misleading.  Although named 'Rose In Tension', it's not really a rose shade.  Yes, it's pink - but it's more of a deep fuschia than a rose shade.  However, it is still a stunning shade!

As for application, I can't say enough good things about the YSL Rouge Volupté Shines.  They're very creamy and apply very easily onto the lips.

Despite the longevity issue, I do really like the Rouge Volupté Shines and plan on purchasing a couple more shades, but there are a lot of potential issues with it that other people might not like.


Longevity: 3/5
Pigmentation: 4.5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Texture: 5/5
Application: 5/5
Value For Money: 3.5/5 
Overall Rating: 8.67/10


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment