Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yet Another Haul

Oh man, these posts really need to stop happening as often as they have been...



Right before Valentine's Day, Feelunique had a 14% off code, so I felt the need to use it.  I picked up two things from that order.  The first thing I got was the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm (£34) as I'm getting really close to running out of my current night-time cleanser.  I also decided to get the YSL Shocking Mascara in 5 Cherry Black ($30) as I was interested in getting a purple mascara and I thought this was going to be purple (it's not).  Despite the color mix-up I had, I do really love this mascara (I even rave about it in my February Favorites)!


YSL Glossy Stain #29 Rose Fourreau
After I got back from London, I returned a few things and then the money that I got back was burning a massive hole in my pocket.  So, I went to Douglas (kind of like Germany's version of Sephora) and bought a couple things.  I decided to get the Tweezerman Pushy & Nail Cleaner (€17) as I'm lacking in my nail care.  I also opted to get the new YSL Glossy Stain in 29 Rose Fourreau (€30), which is from the Spring Collection.  It's a gorgeous blood orange shade (the name is very misleading) that I think is going to look stunning on those oh so special occasions :)



Then I went to the pharmacy.  I ran out of my second sample of the Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum (€28/$48) a few weeks back and I finally broke and purchased the full-size of it.  It's just such a great, hydrating product and I felt like something was missing from my skincare routine without it!  Plus it's so much cheaper buying this in Europe as compared to buying it in America, so I just had to!


Moving onto make-up. While I was in Spain, a couple of things were stolen out of my make-up bag: the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Taupe (review here) and the NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte ($24/€25) (review here).  I was upset that someone stole them from me (but seriously - who wants half-used products?), but I thankfully recently repurchased the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor a couple weeks ago in London, and there was a NARS counter at El Corte Ingles in Madrid, so I was able to repurchase my beloved flesh-toned eyeliner!  Of course, I also had to hit up duty free in the Madrid Airport when I was there.  I've really wanted to try out colored mascaras for a while now, so when I was at the YSL counter, I had to get myself a blue mascara!  I opted for the YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils - Luxurious Mascara in 6 Deep Night ($30).  It's not a straight blue (check out #3 Extreme Blue for that one), but I thought a darker blue would look a little less...shocking on my lashes.  I've only used it once, but I liked the effect it gave (though I had to skip the brown liner that day, as I thought it would look odd together).  


NARS Laguna Bronzer
YSL Crème De Blush #02 Powdery Rose
  There was actually a 15% off of all cosmetics at El Corte Ingles, so I decided to take advantage of that and get myself the famous NARS Laguna Bronzer ($36/€36), as well.  I've only used it once so far, but I liked it when I used it, but I have very high expectations for this one! I also snatched a cream blush while at the YSL counter in duty free: the YSL Crème De Blush in 2 Powdery Rose ($38).  Oh man, I am in love with this blush.  It is so gorgeous, it blends so easily and it gives the most beautiful color to the cheeks.  I can tell this is going to become a staple.


Diorblush in #659 Tender Coral
Tender Coral swatches L-R: Matte part of blush, shimmery part of blush, both parts mixed
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine #17 Rose In Tension
Rose In Tension
I also made another naughty purchase off of Feelunique...woops.  They were having a deal, where if you spent a certain amount,  you got a certain discount, and I'm a sucker for deals like that.  I got a blush from the S/S Dior Collection.  I opted for the Dior 'Cherie Bow' Blush in 659 Tender Coral ($43).  It's more orange-than coral, but it's gorgeous, plus it has that amazing houndstooth pattern on it!  I haven't used this yet, but I'm aching to!  I also decided to get one of the new YSL Rouge Volupté Shines in 17 Rose In Tension ($34).  I tried this out recently and I'm in love with it.  It's less rose and more fuschia, but it's so stunning! 

That's it for this haul!  I've decided to go on a spending ban until mid-April when I'm off to Paris for a few days (I really just need to get through a few things first!).  So, hopefully I'll stick to it and this will be the last haul for a month of two!


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment