Thursday, March 21, 2013

MAC Painterly Paint Pot Review

As Spring comes closer, I start to embrace it through my beauty regime.  I paint my nails in pretty pastels, I switch the wine lipsticks for coral hues, and I tone down my eye makeup for something a bit more natural.  This is where the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (£14.50/$18.50) comes in.

I got my hands on Painterly last month while I was in London, I had heard a lot about the Paint Pots and Painterly in particular and wanted to try them out for myself.  I couldn't be happier with my choice.  

Painterly is a beige color (MAC calls it a 'nude beige', which is definitely accurate), that can be used as a base for other eyeshadows or as an overall wash of color on the lid.  I've generally opted for the latter, as I have very noticeable veins on my eyelids.



It has a creamy consistency and is very easy to blend (though I just smear it all over my lid and call it good - no blending required!).


Hopefully, you can see the swatch, it's very similar to my skin-tone!
As a base I have no problems with creasing; however, if I use this as my only eyeshadow and don't put a powder eyeshadow on top, it will crease about 6-8 hours into wear, so I generally use a primer for those occasions (NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base, review here, is my primer of choice).

As far as cream eyeshadows go, I really like this one.  I think it's easier to apply and blend than the Maybelline Color Tattoos, and it doesn't crease as easily as the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows do.  I also find it to be a better base for eyeshadows than both the Maybelline and Benefit cream eyeshadows, as well.

If you're looking for a new cream eyeshadow, definitely head to MAC!


Longevity: 3.5/5
Pigmentation: 4.5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Texture: 5/5
Application: 4.5/5
Value For Money: 4.5/5 
Overall Rating: 9/10


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment