Monday, March 11, 2013

February Favorites 2013 :)

This month, I went on a little bit of a shopping spree that seemed to have lasted all month (woops...).  Throughout those many shopping trips that I made, I discovered a lot of amazing new products this month! So, let's get on with it :)


I'll start with hair.  I've been using the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray ($25) after every shower.  I like to use it just before I blow dry my hair to achieve some beachy waves, and this stuff is phenomenal!  I'm already getting nervous for the day I run out, since it's not easy to get hold of in Germany, but I'll find a way!  I've also been loving my Tangle Teezer (£11) that I got in London.  It runs through knots in my hair like a dream, and is super easy to clean, too.  Nothing bad to say about it!



One thing that I've been loving is my new Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain ($43/£33) which I picked up while I was in London last month.  This is my first ever Tinted Moisturizer and I am in love with it!  It gives a nice, very light coverage plus there's SPF 20 in it, which is a really nice perk :)  I've also been loving the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in 052 (£7.50) which I also picked up in London.  It's a bit pricey for a drugstore concealer, but it gives nice coverage without being cakey, at all!


Caviar & Bubbles Palette
I particularly like the second shade from the left on the bottom for all over the lid, also the farthest right shade on the top is a fantastic match for my brows, as well!
I also fell in love with a palette I got in January, the NYX Caviar & Bubbles Eyeshadow Palette (€8). The quality of the shadows are superb and it has a shadow for any situation.  I even found a shade that works for my eyebrows in there (which was a lifesaver while I was in Madrid last week as my Tom Ford Brow Sculptor was stolen! :( ).  They are probably the best value for money eyeshadows that I own, so if you can find it, get it!


Another London purchase that I fell in love with is the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly ($18.50/£14.50).  I tend to use it in place of eyeshadow, as a way to even out the skin on my lids, as it's a flesh-toned shade.  However, it could also be used as a base for other eyeshadows, as well. I've also been loving using the Rimmel Kohl Eyeliner in Sable Brown (£3) to line my upper lash line.  It's a lot less intense than using black and I find that it looks a lot more natural on me, as well.  I also discovered a new mascara this month - the YSL Shocking Mascara in Cherry Black ($30).  I actually bought thinking it was going to be purple, but it's not - it's a warm black shade that I think looks really great on my lashes.  It's volumizing and lengthening, as well.  I was initially disappointed that it wasn't purple, but I got over it after realizing how great of a mascara this is :)   This is my first ever high-end mascara and I am not disappointed!


L+R: Blushing Nude, Warm Soul
As for blush, I've fallen for two this month.  The first one is MAC's Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul ($25).  It's a shimmery-nude/peach shade that looks really natural on my fair skin, but eliminates the need for highlighter, as well :) I'm a sucker for double-use products!  Over the second part of the month, I used the Estée Lauder Blusher in Blushing Nude ($28).  I'd call it a pinky-peach shade, with more peach than pink in it.  It looks really natural on the cheeks, and is really nice for spring due to the peachy-tones.  It's a Satin finish, so there isn't any shimmer, which makes me feel kind of grown-up when using it :)!


L-R: MAC Twig, CHANEL Mademoiselle
As for lips, I started out the month using MAC Twig ($15) (review here) every day.  I like to think of it as a nice transition color from the colder to warmer months, along with the warmer to colder months.  It's really pigmented and really long-lasting, as well!  As for the second half of the month, I haven't been able to put down my new baby - the CHANEL Rouge Coco in 05 Mademoiselle ($32), which I picked up at duty free on my way to London.  It's a really flattering, everyday shade that could work for a lot of different people, in my opinion!



My last favorite is a perfume - See by Chloé EDP (1 oz for $58) (review here).  Oh man, this stuff is amazing.  I haven't even thought about another perfume since getting this baby.  It's just the perfect blend of fruity and floral and makes for one hell of a perfume for this time of year.  Definitely give this one a whiff next time you're shopping!

That's it for my February Favorites!  Anything in particular you've been loving? Let me know!


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment