Wednesday, February 20, 2013

See by Chloé EDP Review

While browsing my local Müller (kind of a Target/drugstore of Germany), I noticed a big display for the new Chloé perfume, so I decided to give it a sniff.  That was a bad decision.  I immediately fell in love with See by Chloé ($58/€45 for 30ml/1 oz.) and couldn't get it out of my mind for days on end.

I've never been the hugest fan of Chloé perfumes; I found Love, Chloé far too powdery and although I like the orginial Chloé, I've just never felt the need to go out and add it to my collection (though I got a sample of the original Chloé, so that could change in the near future), so I didn't think See by Chloé would be anything special.  Oh, was I wrong.


It's exactly what I look for in a perfume, it's floral, but not too sickly sweet, it has a fruity scent to it, but I don't feel like I just rubbed a strawberry on my wrists and called it good, it's a gorgeous mixture that works really well on my skin and best of all it LASTS. 

It has the following notes: Jasmin, Ylang, Vanilla, Musk - which leaves me wondering where the fruit it, as it is describes as a 'floral fruity fragrance'.  Interesting...

Here's how Chloé describes the scent (these always make me laugh):

An addictive floral fruity fragrance, it captures the irresistible and playful personality of a young woman fully embracing life. The fusing top of juicy bergamot and apple translate her energy and her urban edginess. Her natural feminity is conveyed through a beautiful floral bouquet of jasmin and ylang that grows into a sexy veil of vanilla and addictive musks. 

Ok, so I guess there's bergamot and apple notes in there, as well - they should probably say that in the notes section.

Now, I will say that this perfume doesn't make me feel like I'm a young woman fully embracing life or that even remotely have any urban edginess.  However, this is something that I feel works on me.  It lasts a good 8 hours, and doesn't turn powdery throughout the day (hate that), it just loses some of the fruit scent and has a bit more depth to the floral scent (perhaps where the musk comes in?).

It's not cheap, it'll cost you $58/€45 for a 30ml/1 oz. bottle, but I do think that this is something I will continue to love and will definitely be using up.  I also think this could work for any season.  It has the fruity, floral scent that works in Spring/Summer so well, but it also has the depth of the vanilla and musk that would make it a nice choice for the colder months, too.  Overall, I would definitely recommend you go out and try it for yourself!


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment