Friday, February 22, 2013

LUSH Imogen Rose Solid Perfume Review

I went into LUSH for the first time in May 2012, while I was in Glasgow, Scotland with my Mom, as the first stop of our 4-week trip through the UK.  I had heard a lot about LUSH from bloggers and Youtubers, but the closest one to where I lived in the US was a 4-hour drive, so I was really excited when I went in for the first time.  The people who work at the LUSH in Glasgow are really nice, and extremely helpful.  One woman gave us a tour of all the products that LUSH has to offer, just so we could get acquainted with the store!

I left that store with a solid perfume, in the scent Imogen Rose (£10/$15.95).  It is the exact smell of roses, it's as if LUSH crushed up a rose and put it in perfume form, it's impeccable.  I find that it also lasts for quite a long time, probably around the 6-7 hour mark.  It's tinted pink, so if I wanted to, I could even use it as a cream blush (as I'm very fair) and just radiate the smell of roses, but I haven't tried that yet!  It's very strongly scented, so a little goes a long way!


Here's what LUSH says about it:

DELICATE AND ROMANTIC

This one is a token of love from a new father to his daughter. LUSH Perfumer Simon invented this scent for his then one-year-old daughter, Imogen Rose. When trying to capture the real beauty of the scent of roses, many perfumers try to use cheaper, synthetic versions. But there is absolutely nothing like the real thing. Try ours and see what a difference using real rose oil and rose absolute makes.  Simon also added a hint of baby powder to soften this one up, and make it smell fresh and sweet on the skin
My solid perfume has been very well loved (as you can see by the picture), but I love wearing this scent as it reminds me of my time in the UK!  I would definitely recommend this perfume, and the solid perfumes in general.  They have a really wide variety of scents so there's something for everyone and you can't beat the price!

 bloglovin' l hellocotton
Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my faves too! Gorgeous! xxx




    jooolsw@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think I could live without it at this point :)xx

      Delete