Saturday, February 9, 2013

MAC Capricious Lipstick Review

As the Winter continues, I am continually drawn to dark, vampy lips.  However, I don't really care for the deep, dark berry shades at this point in the Winter, but am drawn to something a bit lighter, a bit sheerer, but that still has that lovely berry stain.

Whilst in MAC in December, I was swatching lipsticks (as you do) and I couldn't get over how gorgeous Capricous ($15/€19) was.  It's a plummy-red shade, with some subtle gold shimmer, which barely translates to the lips. It's a lustre finish, which means it's a sheerer lipstick, but more pigmented than a tinted balm, and is also very hydrating.  This shade is dark enough for nighttime, but not too in-your-face for the daytime, either.



I think this shade is absolutely gorgeous and I've basically been wearing it non-stop since I bought it!  As far as longevity goes, I would place it around 3 hours and you'll definitely need to reapply after eating or drinking.  However, because it's a deeper color, it does leave a subtle stain on your lips even after the 3 hour mark.

I would highly recommend you to go and swatch this at your local MAC Store, it's gorgeous!  Even only after having had this for a few months, it has already become my most used MAC Lipstick.

 bloglovin' l hellocotton
Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment