Monday, September 17, 2012

Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Taupe

Back when I first started wearing make-up (think way back, like 6 years ago), I thought a full face of make-up was wearing eyeshadow, eyeliner, concealer, AND mascara -- oh, how times have changed!

I never thought about foundation or blush or lip products, let alone my eyebrows!  I always associated people who wore makeup on their brows to be those older women who shave off their eyebrows and simply draw them on, but recently I was introduced to the importance of filling in one's brows, which is how I stumbled upon this little gem: the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor.


My shade is in Taupe; however, it also comes in three other colors: Blonde, Chestnut, and Espresso.  I believe Chestnut is meant for redheads, but it can also be used for those of you with a lot of gold and red tones in your hair!

The important thing to know about this product is that it is a brow sculptor, NOT a pencil! It's double-ended, which is one of the reasons I love it.


One end is the waxy sculptor itself, whereas the other end is a beautiful spoolie, which grabs every bit of your eyebrow to help groom it.

Please forgive my nails being in some of these pictures, my camera just wouldn't focus any other way - gah!

Here is the waxy sculptor.


This is the other end with the spoolie - swoon!

It just unscrews from the end with the spoolie

Bit blurry - but you get the point

It even comes with a sharpener (odd shaped, I know), which I have yet to use, so I can't tell you how that is.


Here's a swatch of the brow sculptor, it was quite difficult to swatch, so this is pretty heavily swatched.


Eyebrows without the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor - bit shitty quality, but you can (hopefully) see there's not an equal amount of fullness in the brows
With the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor - I didn't go too heavy, as I like to keep them looking natural, but it really evens out the weaker parts of my brows to make it look natural and a litter stronger!

What I can tell you is that this has amazing lasting power!  I'll put it on at 8 am and it will still look perfect at 10 pm when I'm ready to take my make-up off, which to me makes it worth the hefty price tag - $42.  I also really like that you don't have to powder it - a huge drawback that I've found in tons of other brow kits.

I bought mine from Neiman Marcus online after hearing the amazing reviews from Tanya of pixi2woo, and after having read many reviews online.

Hope this helped! Have you tried this? What product do you use for your brows?

No comments:

Post a Comment