Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MAC Warm Soul Mineralize Blush Review

A couple of months ago, I walked into MAC and left with my first ever MAC blush.  I decided to get 'Warm Soul', one of the Mineralize Blushers.


Warm Soul ($25) is a shimmery, nude color that warms up your cheeks and adds a natural flush, as well.  MAC describes the color as a 'mid tone beige with gold pearl'.  Although this shows up beautifully on my NC15 skin, it might not show up for anyone above an NC30.



Something that is really nice about this blush is that it's buildable.  You can add only a small amount just for a bit of color, or you can layer it to create a more emphasized cheek.  Also, because of the gold pearl running through the blush, the need for a highlighter is eliminated!  Who doesn't love a 2-in-1 product?

The longevity on this blusher is also pretty good.  I would say it lasts just as long as just about every other blush out there - 6-8 hours, which I don't have any issue with.

The texture is also something I like about this blush.  It's not chalky, at all.  It also blends really easily!

The packaging, on the other hand, is nothing short of boring.  Although it's simple, for $25 I expect more.  if it didn't say MAC on it, I would think it was one of my drugstore blushers.  Seriously MAC, update your packaging - it looks a bit cheap.

Another disappointment about this product is the fact that there's only 3.5g of product.  The MAC Powder Blushers have 6g of product and are $4 cheaper.  But, to be fair, I've never hit pan on a blush before, so I'm sure this will last a long time.

Longevity: 4/5
Pigmentation: 4/5
Packaging: 3/5
Texture: 4/5
Application: 4/5
Value For Money: 4/5 
Overall Rating: 7.67/10


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment