Friday, March 29, 2013

YSL Volupté Sheer Candy 02 Dewy Papaya Review

Spring has sprung, and the first order of business for me during the warmer months is to replace the 'My Lips But Darker' shades for something a bit lighter in coverage, such as a Tinted Lip Balm.  And for me, choosing a tinted lip balm is as easy as heading to the nearest YSL counter.



I oohed and aahed over the YSL Volupté Sheer Candies for a good 6 months before I finally took the plunge and bought one: 02 Dewy Papaya ($32).  


HEAVILY Swatched
A sheer peachy color, applied to the lips, it gives some super hydration along with almost no color.  I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of disappointed in this product.  I have averagely pigmented lips, but for some reason this gives no color payoff on me.

However, I will say that it's not the YSL Sheer Candies in general that are like this, it's just this shade in particular that's a bit underwhelming.  I've swatched what is probably all of the shades and this is the only one that doesn't seem to appear very much.  Although, I swatched it at the store and it applied to my hand nicely, it doesn't transfer to my lips.

Everything else about this 'Tinted' Lip Balm is spot on, though.  Gorgeous packaging, a scent to die for, and some mega hydration almost make up for the lack of pigmentation in this product.

I will continue to use this, as I do like the barely there peachy tint for my basic makeup days, but I really can't get over the horrible payoff on this one...


Longevity: 3/5
Pigmentation: 1/5
Packaging: 5/5
Texture: 5/5
Application: 5/5
Value For Money: 2/5 
Overall Rating: 6.67/10


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment