Tuesday, March 19, 2013

NOTD: Butter London Yummy Mummy

As the snow drops onto the streets, as I curl up in my warm, comfy clothes with a cup of Peppermint Tea in hand, there's only one type of nail polish that works for this type of cold, winter day - a nude nail.

Now, I know what you're thinking - winter? It's March!

Yes, it is, which means that it should be a serious crime to be embracing anything except pastels and flowers and green grass.  However, Germany has decided that it's going to be cold and snowy, so rather than fight it, I'm embracing it.

I brought 'Yummy Mummy' with me from the US last summer, as it was one of my favorite nudes of the time.  Yet, once I arrived in Germany I never used it - there was always something else that I wanted to use.  So, when winter decided to come back to stay, I opted to use it for the first time in about 6 months.



'Yummy Mummy' is a warm, beige shade that has a slight shimmer to it (though you can't see it, except in certain lighting).  It lasts a good week on me without any major chipping and it applies evenly, and with a really nice thickness.

I've heard that this is meant to be a universal nude, so this should look good on everyone; though, I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Butter London polishes cost $15 each and are worth every penny.  They're definitely the best nail polishes I've ever tried (though Barry M and Essie are pretty fantastic, too)!

Overall, if you're considering buying this, go for it!


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment