Monday, March 18, 2013

MAC Pinch Me Powder Blush Review

In February, I went a bit MAC crazy (see post here) and bought an unreal amount of makeup.  I've never been MAC obsessed, but we all go through a MAC phase, right?

Well, during that phase, I picked up a new blusher - Pinch Me ($21).


I hadn't done any research on it prior (bad Bryn) and bought it on a whim.  It looked like a beautiful, medium pink shade (MAC describes it as a 'medium, dirty rose coral').  My blush collection isn't the largest and I thought this would be a nice addition to my growing collection.

Pinch Me is a sheertone, which is meant to be the sheerest of all the MAC blushers, and it definitely is. I apply a heavy amount on my cheeks and it barely shows up on me - and I'm about as pale as it gets (about an NC15).  What's especially weird about it is that when I touch my brush to the blusher, it picks up what looks like a lot of product, as the brush head turns bright pink.  Yet, somehow the color doesn't transfer onto my cheeks without a heavy hand.

HEAVILY Swatched!

It's a shame that this isn't the easiest to apply, as it's a beautiful shade in the pan.

Maybe I got a faulty one or something, but I wouldn't recommend this unless you're looking for a 'barely there blush'.  If you're darker than me (let's face it, you probably are), I would also look for something else, as this probably won't show up on you unless you apply A LOT of product.

However, I will say that despite the lack of color payoff, the color that applies to the cheek does stick around.  After 6 hours, the color looks the same as it did when first applied (however lacking that may be).  So there are positives to this blush!

However, in the end, I just can't recommend this product, so keep looking!


Longevity: 4/5
Pigmentation: 2.5/5
Packaging: 3.5/5
Texture: 4/5
Application: 3/5
Value For Money: 3/5 
Overall Rating: 6.67/10

Follow with GFC on the sideof the page





No comments:

Post a Comment