Thursday, March 28, 2013

YSL Effet Faux Cils Mascara Review

High-end mascaras were never something I was wooed by.  I've always been happy going to the drugstore and getting a $5 tube of almost anything!  However, after I decided I wanted to try a colorful mascara (blue in particular), the drugstore failed me for the first time in my mascara hunt.

Looking for a blue mascara (or any color besides black or brown, really) at the drugstore is a scavanger hunt, and one I did not accomplish.  So, when I came across a blue mascara from YSL at the Duty Free shop in the Madrid Airport a few weeks back, I closed my eyes and handed over my debit card because I knew that would possibly be my one and only chance!


I picked up the YSL Effet Faux Cils Mascara in 6 Deep Night ($30) and despite the steep price and the never-ending hunt, this baby was worth the wait.



It's a blue color, but it's more of a deep blue than a punch-in-the-face cobalt blue.  Because it's more of a subdued color, I feel like it looks more natural on the lashes, which is something I'm more comfortable with.  Indoors it looks like a regular black mascara, very no-nonsense; but once the sun hits your eyes, the true blue color really appears and brightens the eyes.

What impresses me even more than the gorgeous color? The mascara itself!  It's basically everything I look for in a mascara: seperating, lengthening, defining, and not a clump in sight!  This might even get bumped up to repurchase worthy (both in black and blue? Who knows...).

Finally, need I even mention the packaging?  YSL has their packaging down.  It's probably my favorite brand in terms of packaging alone.  The sleek gold tube looks luxurious and is something I always gravitate towards when choosing my mascara in the morning.

In the end, if you're looking for a colorful mascara (or not, they have black, too!) or a really luxurious lengthening mascara and you can afford the price tag, I would definitely recommend this!  Looking for something a little more volumizing?  Try the YSL Shocking Mascara (review here).


Longevity: 5/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Texture: 4.5/5
Application: 4.5/5
Value For Money: 4/5 
Overall Rating: 9.33/10


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment