Sunday, March 31, 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick in Bountiful Blush Review

Tinted Lip Balms have been around for a long time, but a while back Clinique started a rage with their Chubby Sticks, a tinted lip balm in an oversized-crayon form.  Soon after, drugstore brands (Revlon, Covergirl, etc.) started making their own versions of the Chubby Sticks.  Although, I'm a massive fan of the dupes out there (hats off to Revlon), there's just nothing quite like the original.



The Clinique Chubby Stick in 'Bountiful Blush' ($16) is something I bought last July and barely looked twice at.  I opted to leave it in the US when I moved to Germany in September and didn't even consider bringing it back until I had a clear out of my left-behind makeup and came across it again.  Although I wasn't completely convinced I liked it, I opted to bring it back to Germany with me anyways, and I am SO glad I did!



This has been my most used lip product since January and I have no doubt in my mind that before I leave Germany, I'm going to finish it up.



Bountiful Blush is described as a 'sheer dusty rose', which is absolutely true.  It may not be the most pigmented lip color in the world, but it creates a really natural shade on the lips, very MLBB.  It's slightly darker than my natural lip shade, so it's always my go to color for a natural, everyday look.

It lasts about as long as an average lip balm, 2-3 hours, but that's to be expected.  Also, it shows up nicely on my averagely-pigmented lips, but if your lips are more pigmented than average, the Chubby Sticks may not show up on you, so I would definitely recommend trying them on if at all possible.

Once I run out of Bountiful Blush (and I will) I will definitely be repurchasing it along with a few other shades, too!


Longevity: 3.5/5
Pigmentation: 3.5/5
Packaging: 4.5/5
Texture: 5/5
Application: 4.5/5
Value For Money: 4.5/5 
Overall Rating: 8.5/10


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment