Wednesday, February 13, 2013

NOTD: Butter London Muggins

I bought Butter London Muggins ($15) back in August and for some reason, I've just never used it, which is bad! I'm in love with the Butter London Nail Polish formulation, it applies really smoothly and evenly and lasts forever, so I'm not sure why this wasn't something I immediately didn't try.

I guess it's due to the color in the bottle, which I would describe as a pastel lilac color, which is something I don't tend to go for and if I did, I would wear it in Spring.  So, now that it's Spring-ish, I decided to try it out!


Muggins indoors
Like all other Butter London Nail Polishes, the formulation and longevity of this polish is fantastic, glides on easily and lasts for a week without needing to whip out the cotton pads.  It's by far my favorite brand for nail polishes, but the price tag keeps me from stocking up on too many on these bad boys.

When I initially applied this, I was disappointed.  I thought it was going to be this perfect lilac color for spring, but it just looked grey with a bit of lilac in it, nothing that I didn't already have in my collection.  However, once I stepped out into the sunshine the next day (the one day out of the entire year we had sunshine here in Germany, might I add), it became clear how gorgeous this color actually is.

Muggins in the sunlight (it's not this light!)
As close as I could get to the accurate color, but I'd say it's still a bit more purple than it's showing up in the photos!
Yes, it's a grey/lilac, but in the sun it looks more like lilac with a hint of grey, and indoors it looks more like grey with a hint of lilac, making this such a unique shade in my books.  It keeps your nails from looking too out there for work, but it gives a bit of color and fun to your nails for when you're outside in the sun, enjoying the (not so) gorgeous weather.

This is definitely going to be a staple nail polish for me this Spring :)


 bloglovin' l hellocotton
Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment