Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fresh Sugar Berry Lip Treatment!

Every Fall, Fresh releases a new shade in their Sugar Lip Treatment range, and this past Fall, they released it in Berry.  I had never tried any Fresh products before, but I had heard a lot about them through blogs and Youtube, so I was really interested in trying one out.

Over the Holidays, Sephora released a lovely gift set, the Fresh Sugar Berry Merriment Set ($28).  The set included a full-sized tube of their Sugar Berry Lip Treatment (which retails at $22.50) and samples of the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, the Fresh Supernova Mascara, and the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish.


The product itself is really pigmented, it swatches a sheer raspberry shade on the hand, and on the lips it shows up as a raspberry tint, making your lips look amplified in a berry hue.  It's also a really hydrating lip balm, as well!


Sephora describes it as such:
Sheer raspberry mauve in fuchsia case



I don't really see any mauve in the color, but the raspberry is really apparent.  This color is perfect for this time of year, it's a gorgeous sheer lipstick that gives you the deep berry shade you're looking for without any of the maintenance of a lipstick!  You can also build up the color to make it an even deeper berry shade.

Upon closer examination, I also noticed some micro-sparkles in the lip balm, but they definitely don't transfer to the lips!

As for lasting power, I would say it lasts for about 3 hours, which is about all you can ask for from a tinted lip balm. 

Overall, I would highly recommend this product!  It's not cheap for a tinted lip balm, but you get a good amount of product (4.3g) and the pigmentation is fantastic!  I will definitely be buying another one of these when I get back to the US this summer (I have my eyes set on Rose) :)


 bloglovin' l hellocotton
Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment