Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Massive London Haul

I went to London last weekend and - well, I did some shopping.

If you can believe it, I actually was restraining myself throughout the trip - but, I still managed to buy a ton of stuff.  Oh, well...



I got a couple new brushes: the EcoTools Flat Eyeliner Brush, the EcoTools Tapered Blush Brush, and a Tangle Teezer.  Boots was having a buy one get one half off deal with EcoTools brushes, so I opted for the Flat Eyeliner Brush (£5.49) mainly because I wanted to get half off something, but also because I thought it would be good for pushing eyeshadow into the lower lash line.  I also got the Tapered Blush Brush (£7.99) because who doesn't need another blush brush?  I also decided to get the Tangle Teezer (£10.99) because I've heard so much hype around and wanted to try it for myself! So far so good on the Tangle Teezer front :)



I also got one piece of skincare while I was in London: the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate (£36).  I've heard a lot about it recently, and I'm running low on my facial oil, so I thought I would try it out!


Moving on to make-up - I got a lot.  I decided to get a tinted moisturizer as I've never tried one before and since Spring/Summer is coming up, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity.  I decided to get the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (£33) as I've heard so much about it.  I was matched to the Lightest Shade, Porcelain, and it's actually a really good match for me.  I tried it out today and I really like it so far!  I also picked up a new concealer, the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in 52 (£7.50).  I've always sworn by the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, but I think this is even better!  It's not as cakey and it's more yellow-toned, so I absolutely adore it.

L-R: Pixi  Lash Line Ink Eyeliner, Rimmel Sable Brown Kohl Eyeliner, Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Liners in Taupe, Nude, and Bronze, and Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Bad Bronze
L-R: Rimmel Bad Bronze, Rimmel Bronze, Nude, and Taupe, Rimmel Sable Brown, Pixi  Ink Eyeliner
I also got a boatload of eyeliners.  I decied to get the Pixi Lash Line Ink Eyeliner (£12) as I don't really like my L'Oreal Liquid Eyeliner because I find that the line is too big, and the Pixi one creates a really tiny line, so hopefully it'll be a winner! Also, Rimmel had a 3 for 2 going on, and I took advantage of it.  I got a new Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Sable Brown (£2.99) and then three of the Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liners in Bronze, Taupe, and Nude (£3.99 each).  I also decided to get the Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Bad Bronze (£5.99).  I didn't get on too well with this the first time I tried it out, but I'm going to give it another shot!


I also went to Selfridges and did some shopping (always naughty).  I went to the Tom Ford Counter (bad decision) and picked up another one of the Brow Sculptors in Taupe (£32) as mine is starting to get low and I wasn't sure if it would make it to May (you can read my review on this product here)!  I didn't even swatch anything else at Tom Ford because I knew I would fall in love with everything!  Then I went to MAC (I just can't help myself) and I got the Paint Pot in Painterly (£14.50) because I thought it would be a good way to conceal any veins on my eyelids, plus I can use it for a base or on it's own - very exciting stuff here.



NARS Penny Lane and Topshop Head Over Heels Cream Blushers
Top to Bottom: NARS Penny Lane, Topshop Head Over Heels
I also went to NARS, which was very swoon-worthy.  I only let myself swatch two things and came out with one: NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane (£21.50).  I haven't heard a ton about this blush, but I wanted to start getting into cream blushers and this looked like the perfect natural-blush color to start :)  I also went to Topshop and fell in love with the Cream Blush in Head Over Heels (£6), which is BRIGHT ORANGE, but I thought it would be something fun to add to the mix!

L-R: Estée Lauder Blushing Nude, Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer
I got one other blush on my trip: the Estée Lauder Pure Color Blush in Blushing Nude (£24).  I was in Duty Free at Heathrow and had about an hour to kill, so I went to MAC and I saw that they still had a display going for Stereo Rose, I asked the woman if they had it in stock and she said yes, I got really excited.  Then she told me it was actually out of stock, which is when I got disappointed.  I had already resigned myself to getting a new blush, so I went on a mission throughout Duty Free and found myself at the Estée Lauder Counter.  I've never owned anything from Estée Lauder before, but oh man are their blushers beautiful!  I had a hard time choosing one!  But I opted for Blushing Nude (which I got for £20, by the way), a gorgeous pinky-peachy-nude shade that looks stunning on the cheeks.  I also decided to get the famous Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder in 51 (the chocolate bronzer) (£6.99) as I have heard a lot about it and I want to start expanding my bronzer collection.  I haven't tried it yet, but the bronzer alone is just cute to look at (as it looks like a chocolate bar)!


L-R: L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash in Lolita, Rimmel  Apocalips in Celestial, and Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 500 Blush
L-R: Blush, Celestial, Lolita
Now to lips (always a favorite), I got three new lip products while in England, the first of which is the new L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash in Lolita (£7.99). It's meant to be a dupe of the YSL Glossy Stains, but I'm not sure if it is or not as I've never tried the Glossy Stains.  However, the Glam Shine Stain that I have is really nice, decently pigmented and lasts a really long time.  It's not sticky, either!  Lolita is a browny-pink shade that looks great for everyday wear, so I'm really excited to use this.  I also got the Rimmel Apocolips in Celestial (£5.99) that everyone's going on about.  I haven't tried it yet, but I definitely have high expectations!  Finally, I decided to get the Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 500 Blush (£26).  I don't know why I had to buy it, but I felt this need to try the Lip Maestros and Blush, a pinky-peach shade, looked like the perfect one for spring!


L-R: CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in Boy, CHANEL Rouge Coco in 05 Mademoiselle, YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in 02 Dewy Papaya
I also got three new lip products in Duty Free in Frankfurt on my way to London (very naughty).  I decided to pick up the CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in Boy (€24.50) as a gorgeous spring shade, the CHANEL Rouge Coco in 05 Mademoiselle (£24.50) as a natural-looking, everyday lipstick, and the YSL Sheer Candy Volupte in 02 Dewy Papaya (€26) for a peachy-tinted lip balm.  I've wanted all three of these for so long, so I'm really excited to test them out! (By the way, these are the prices I paid duty-free, I'm not sure what they are originally!)


L-R: Blueberry, Peach Melba
For my last make-up bits, I decided to pick up some Barry M Nail Paints.  I opted for one of the new Gelly M Shine Nail Paints in Blueberry (£2.99) (who can resist a good blue?) and then the classic Peach Melba (£2.99) as I shockingly don't own a peach colored nail polish, so I definitely needed to remedy that!



The last things I got in England are fragrance related.  I decided to finally get the Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 (£64 for 100ml).  I've been wanting this for a good six months, but I doubt it's available in Germany.  I wanted to just get the 30ml bottle, but they were totally sold out of that size at Liberty, so I just bit the bullet and splurged on the big one.  I really like it on me, I can't pinpoint exactly what it smells like, but it's slightly woody.  I also went to John Lewis and made my way to the NEOM Candles section.  I must've been at the stand for about 15 minutes smelling all of the candles and trying to decide which one I wanted!  I ended up going for the travel-size version of Refresh (£15), which is a really fresh, lemon scent that I think will be really nice for the Spring :)

As you can see, my trip to England was very successful!  I'm definitely going to have to take a break from spending for a while to make up for the damage that was done, though.  If you want to know what I did while I was in London, you can read my post about it here!


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you did some serious shopping! I love my tangle teezer, and really want to try the Kiehls oil x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like to think I went momentarily mad...for 3 days straight ;) I haven't tried the oil yet, I'm trying to use my NUDE one up first, but the excitement is killing me! xx

      Delete