Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine's Day Nail Polishes

That horrible/lovely day of the year is coming up.  You know the one I'm talking about, the one that can make you feel like the greatest person in the world and completely dreadful, too - Valentine's Day.  However, in my honest opinion, Valentine's Day doesn't have to be a day of dread, and even those of us, who don't have anyone special to celebrate that day with, can still celebrate, even if only by painting our nails!

I've come across two nail polishes in particular that I think can work really well for Valentine's Day - Essie's Ballet Slippers ($8) and the Limited Edition Dior Diorific Vernis Le Grand Bal Nail Lacquer in Marilyn ($26.50).


Ballet Slippers is a sheer, pale pink.  It's almost white in the bottle, but even then you can tell that there's a slight tint of pink that makes it a perfect choice for Valentine's Day.  You can wear it as a light, milky wash over plain nails, as a way to make your current color more of a pastel shade, or you can wear it on its own.  I've opted for the latter, using 3 coats (I did say it was sheer) to get a more opaque color on the nails, which I can only describe as pretty.  It's almost a nude shade, but there's something delicate about it, that works really nicely for when I'm feeling girly.  Whether staying at home or spending the day with friends or even for a date, this polish works for so many different occasions :)



Marilyn on the other hand, is the sexier color of the two.  It's a true red, that really channels its namesake.  If you're looking for a sexier shade for Valentine's Day, this is a great choice, or if you're really into Valentine's Day, this is probably the more festive shade of the two.  Unfortunately, this was part of the Dior Limited Edition Christmas Collection, so it's not in stores anymore, but you can use just about any true red you have (I know you have one in your collection!) and get the same effect! You can read my NOTD post on this shade here, if you want.

Obviously, there are so many more shades that you could use for Valentine's Day, it doesn't even need to be holiday related (honestly, my nails will probably be blue or something for Valentine's Day), but I hope these ideas are helpful!

 bloglovin' l hellocotton
Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment