Wednesday, February 6, 2013

NARS Isolde Duo Eyeshadow

NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde ($34) is not what I typically look for in an eyeshadow, it's not a next-to-nude natural shade, but something a bit more bold.  It's made up of two very orange-based goldy-bronze shades.  I have blue-grey eyes, and I bought this primarily as a way to make them pop against the contrast of the orange tones.



The first shade is an orange-gold shade that I use all over the lid.  It's a shimmery shade and is highly pigmented.  It's velvety to the touch, and with the slightest dab on the pan you will have a lot of eyeshadow on your brush.  The second shade is of the same quality, but the color is much darker, a gorgeous copper that lacks shimmer but doesn't lack sheen (whereas the first shade has both shimmer and sheen, though the shimmer is quite muted and not too noticeable).  Both shades are really unique, I tried to look for dupes in my massive eyeshadow collection and nothing came close (I thought UD Half-Baked might be similar to the first shade, but I was completely off)!


The quality of NARS Duo Eyeshadows is overall quite good, but something I've noticed about them is that the quality isn't the same overall.  Whereas one set might be fantastic, another might have less pigmentation or be more chalky, so I would definitely recommend putting some research and doing some swatching for yourself (if you can) before you commit to buying one.  However, what is consistent throughout the selection is that they are not creasing at all! I own 4 of the Duo Eyeshadows and none of them crease even after about 14 hours of wear!

However, if you're looking at this one and you're warm-toned (that is especially important, I don't think this would suit cool-toned people), I would recommend it.  Sadly, it's not something that I tend to reach for everyday, as I'm quite partial to my more natural looking shades, but I do find that this look particularly nice on the eyes if I'm wearing something simple and white or off-white, as it gives this sort of 'Grecian Goddess' look to the eyes, due to the gorgeous metal-toned colors.  Not really a necessary purchase for me, not something I'll get a ton of use out of, but something I enjoy using on the off-day I choose to!


 bloglovin' l hellocotton
Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

2 comments:

  1. They look lovely shame aboute the consistency x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete