Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Stila In the Light Palette Review

I’m a bit of an Eyeshadow fiend – I have more than can ever be used in one lifetime, but I can’t help myself, it’s one of my makeup vices (alongside blush and lipstick that is).  I tend to flit quite easily from one eyeshadow to the next, never using one shade/palette for too long. However, one of my most recent eyeshadow purchases, see haul post here, has made quite an impression on me – the Stila In the Light Palette ($39).



Let me say this first – I’m sure there isn’t a person out there who isn’t already stocked up to the brim with neutral eyeshadow palettes, but this one is definitely one to look at, even with all three Urban Decay Naked Palettes in your stash.



The buttery formulation of this palette rivals even that of the Urban Decay palettes.  The shadows slide on easily to the lid, the brush picks up the nicely pigmented product without ever picking up too much product, and despite the heavily shimmer-friendly palette this appears to be, it doesn’t ever look like it’s too much on the eyes.  The palette comes with 10 full-size eyshadows and an eyeliner.



I haven’t gotten a chance to use all 10 eyeshadows yet, but I have used every shade except for Night Sky (but I can see myself using that for a smoky eye) so far, and I have yet to be disappointed by any of them.  The palette is made up of about 5 lighter colors, which are great for everyday wear, and then are about 5 darker colors, which are great for adding into the outer corner for a natural smoky eye during the day, or can be used together for a night-out.  I also like using two of the darker eyeshadows (Luster & Ebony) in place of eyeliner, if you want a softer way to define the lashes. Speaking of eyeliner: I’m also head over heels in love with this eyeliner!  It’s in the shade Damsel, which is a very dark brown, almost a black-brown.  It smudges easily into the lashline (if you act quick) and lasts all day!  I imagine that it would last well on the waterline, too, but I’ve never tried that, so I can’t be sure.
Here are a few of my favorite combinations:
1.       Bare, Kitten, & Bliss
2.       Kitten, Bliss, & Sunset
3.       Bare, Bubbly, & Sandstone
It really is an amazing value for money, I can’t recommend it enough.  So, if you’re in the market for a new neutrals palette (aren’t we all?), give this one a swatch!


Longevity: 5/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Texture: 5/5
Application: 5/5
Value For Money: 4.5/5 
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Have you tried the Stila shadows before? What’s your favorite Neutrals palette?


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

2 comments:

  1. I just got my in the light palette and I love it. I can see already that it will be my favorite palette ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it, too! I definitely prefer it over both of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes!

      Delete