Monday, August 12, 2013

US Beauty Haul!

I came home to the US about 2 weeks ago and since then, I've definitely taken advantage of the cheaper beauty products.  I made orders to MAC, Sephora, and Nordstrom; leaving the sites with my checking balance low, but my expectation high.  Let's start off with MAC...


The first things I got were two of the new palettes (although, they're not so new anymore).  I like that they have a clear top, which I think will help me to gravitate towards it more than I did with the plain, black top of the old palettes.  I decided to get the 15-Eyeshadow Palette ($18) along with the insert ($9) and then a 2-Eyeshadow Palette ($9) for Omega and Charcoal Brown Eyeshadows for my eyebrows.


I also decided to get four new eyeshadows, which means I now have a completed MAC palette!  I decided to get Brun, Sable, Grain, and Malt ($12 each in the pan).  Brun is a dark brown, almost black shade; Sable is a bronzey-red shade, which looks so gorgeous with any beige-toned eyeshadows; Grain is a warm-beige shade; and Malt is a matte, pinky-beige.  I'm totally in love with all of these shades, so I'm so happy with those!


I also picked up the cult-classic: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack ($16).  I've never tried gel eyeliner before, so I was very apprehensive about ordering this.  However, I've found this so easy to work with, so long-lasting, and definitely easier to apply than liquid liner - I'm officially converted!  I also picked up the MAC Kohl in Coffee ($16), as it's always so popular online.  I haven't used it yet, as I haven't been able to put down the gel eyeliner, but I'm very excited to give it a go!  I also got the MAC Brow Set in Clear ($16).  I've never tried a brow gel before, so I sort of just threw this in at the last moment.  Once again, I'm very happy with this purchase.  It makes my brows look so much nicer: more natural, also they last longer, too, which is always a plus!


Finally from MAC, I picked up MAC Fix + in the mini-size ($10).  Again, I've heard a lot about this, but have never tried it, so I was simply curious.  The spray is a little heavy for my taste, but it is really refreshing, and it does help to counteract over-powdering.  I also picked up two brushes, the MAC 209 Eye Liner Brush ($20) for the gel liner (golden), and the MAC 266 Small Angle Brush ($20), which I use for filling my brows in with powder.  Both brushes are fantastic, and decently priced (at least, for MAC)


I also made an order from Sephora, and that's what happened.  

Firstly, I picked up the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm ($28.50).  This is Caroline Hirons approved, and was about half the price of the Emma Hardie one, so I thought I'd give it a go.  It's fantastic.  It's maybe not quite as good as the Emma Hardie one, but you really can't beat the price - ballin' on a budget (not really), am I right?

I also picked up the Origins No Puffery ($25).  I was looking for a cooling gel to use on my eyes in the mornings, and this looked like a good route to take.  Then I added the Clinique Super City Block SPF 40 ($22).  I needed an SPF for my face, and I wanted something stronger than the Clarins SPF 30 I was using, and this looked like something I would enjoy.  I do like it, my only gripe is that it's kind of small, you only get 40ml, so I feel like I'm going to use it up quick, which is annoying.  I also got the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($22.50), as it saved my lips a few months back and I recently ran out of the Caudalie Lip Balm (which I also like).  One other slightly random purchase I made was the Sephora A Step Ahead Foot Smoother ($12).  My feet are in need of a little TLC, to say the least, so I figured this was a pretty cost-efficient way to work on that.  I have tried it, and it was fantastic.  It really smoothed out my feet, so I'm quite impressed with this!


I also couldn't not purchase a bit of make-up.  I decided to get the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Natural Beauty ($26).  I love Tarte Exposed and I'm hoping to love this one just as much.  It's everything I wanted Dior Rosy Glow to be (and so much cheaper).  It's the exact same shade as my natural flush, it's uncanny.  It also looks so good with Strawberry-toned lips (Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry - just sayin').

Then I threw in a couple Nails Inc. Nail Polishes in Queen Victoria Street, an emerald shade, and Green Park, a slate blue-green ($9.50 each).  They both look like gorgeous colors for this time of year.  I'm sure they'll be featured in Nail of the Day Posts soon enough!

Finally, I made an order from Nordstrom for a few new Burberry Beauty bits.  You know I can't resist Burberry Beauty.  It's by far my favorite beauty brand, high or low-end.  The quality, the scent, and the value for money even, is unreal!


The first thing I opted for was the new Burberry 'Fresh Glow' Luminous Highlighting Powder in No. 01 Nude Radiance ($48).  This is basically Burberry Fresh Glow, liquid highlight/primer, but in powder form.  It's quite neutral-toned, a pinky-champagne shade, and it's subtle, but still noticeable.  Along the same lines as the Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight in pigmentation.  It was recently released with their Summer Collection, and I would highly recommend picking this up while you can, as I'm not sure whether it's limited edition or not!


I also picked up another Burberry Eyeshadow in No. 10 Antique Rose ($29).  It's a mauve shade, with a hint of brown to it.  A gorgeous shade, that I think will look great during this time of year.  Plus, you really can't beat Burberry eyeshadows (or Burberry anything, for that matter).


Finally, I picked up the Burberry Lip Cover in No. 32 Sepia Pink ($30).  This was released in the A/W12 Collection, and I actually went on a hunt through London to find it, but it was sold out in the entire city.  So, when I saw this was in stock, I knew it had to be mine!  I thought this was limited edition, but maybe it was added to the permanent line?  I'm not quite sure, but once again, it's love.  I haven't put this lipstick down since I got it, it's darker than my natural lip shade, but I can still wear it to work without looking ridiculous, which is honestly all I look for in lipsticks these days!

Whew!  That's it for this haul.  Congratulations if you made it to the end of this post!  It was quite long, I know.  

Have you picked up any new things recently?  What's on your wishlist?

Also, if you are looking for some new beauty bits, why not check out my Blog Sale?  I have a lot of barely used products that need to go!  Please check it out and hopefully you'll find something you like.


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page





3 comments: