Friday, October 4, 2013

Daily Make-Up #2 | Job Interview

I had my first job interview today (Senior in college, let the fear take over), and along with the fear and nerves that go with the entire process, I still had to figure out the best make-up look to wear!

However, after some serious thought (I may or may not have spent all week planning today's make-up), I think I came up with a very natural, very appropriate job interview make-up look.



I have quite a stash of foundations, but I wanted to wear something that I knew matched me perfectly and only gave a little bit of coverage, so I opted for an old favorite - the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain 0 ($47).  Although it's by no means the cheapest foundation I own, it is a perfect match for me, and it literally looks like skin.  I then used the Dolce & Gabbana The Concealer Perfect Finish Concealer in 2 ($37) underneath my eyes, which creases like no other (not too impressive for the price), and the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 (£4.19), which I will forever love.  I then set everything with the Burberry Sheer Powder in Porcelain No. 01 ($45).  

I kept it very simple on my eyes, doing a very basic, but natural look.  I put a base on my lid using the MAC Painterly Paint Pot ($20), which I used to not care for, but have since grown quite fond of.  Then I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette ($27), using Foxy and WOS all over the lid, and putting Naked 2 through the crease, using Faint and Crave (mixed) as a liner, and then using WOS as a brow and inner-corner highlight.  I then used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner in Taupe ($4.49) on my waterline, and then used the Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara ($24) on my upper lashes, which is nice, but nothing special.  As for brows, I used the tried and true MAC Omega eyeshadow ($10 in pan form), with my favorite MAC 266, and then set it with the MAC Clear Brow Set ($16).

I then used the Burberry 'Light Glow' Blush in No. 07 Earthy ($42) to contour, and used it as a 'barely there' blush.  For highlighter, I made sure to use something subtle - the Diorskin Nude Shimmer Illuminating Powder (£32) was thus chosen and added the perfect amount of glow!  Finally, I added lipstick, which was probably the hardest decision to make out of all the products I chose.  I ended up picking one of my all-time favorite lipsticks - Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in 45 Caractère ($34), a natural rose with gold sparkle, which looks absolutely stunning on the lips!

Is this something you'd wear to an interview?  Random question alert:  What's your favorite drugstore mascara?  I really want a new one!


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page


2 comments:

  1. Just found your Blog and like it, now I follow! Andrea von mescaleraswelt.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank :) Es freut mich, dass es dir so gut gefällt! xx

      Delete