Saturday, October 12, 2013

Beauty Haul: Kevyn Aucoin, Bioderma, L'Oreal, Rimmel

I've cut down my beauty spending by a lot over the past couple of months.  After returning to the US, some costs came up that weren't necessary for me in Germany (re: gas for my car, more expensive food, and cell phone bills that are larger than €10 a month), so I had to rearrange my budget to accommodate, naturally making my frivolous beauty spending the first thing to be cut!  However, after a month of being good, I thought it was finally time to treat myself!


The first thing I decided to splurge for was the Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder in Medium ($44).  I've been wanting to try this for months, and when I saw it for sale on a blog sale, I immediately picked it up.  I've only used it once so far, but let me say that my cheekbones have never looked better!  A full review will soon follow.  The other item I splurged on was a new bottle of Bioderma.  I actually have a full bottle lurking at my parent's house, but I couldn't seem to find it when I was last there, so a quick eBay search was in order.  This 500ml beauty doesn't come cheap (mine was around $30 including shipping), but it works like a dream!  You can read my full review of this here.

Today, I also lurked the aisles of Walgreens, initally looking for pens, but leaving with much more than that.  The first thing I grabbed was the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara ($8.49).  I currently don't have any non-colored mascaras in my stash, and I decided that needed to be changed.  This seems to be a mascara that everyone and their mother has tried, but I've always stuck to Maybelline for my drugstore mascaras, so I'm curious to see how this one will go.  I also decided to grab two nude lipsticks: the L'Oreal Color Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude ($8.29) and the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in To Nude or Not to Nude? ($7.29).  I've never really found a nude lipstick I've liked, so I thought I'd try these two out and see if either (or hopefully both) will work.

Have you tried any of these before?  Have you picked up anything new recently?


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment