Thursday, October 4, 2012

'Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Eyeshadow - Intimate' Review

In August, I got (extremely) obsessed with eyeshadows and I bought one of the Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Eyeshadows.  I had heard a lot about his eyeshadows before and though they are extremely pricey, I justified by choosing I color I had nothing similar to, Intimate.



It's a bit hard to see, but the case is a shiny black plastic and has EDWARD BESS embossed on the front of the case.  It comes in a little black pouch as most high-end products do.  The case is nothing special, it has nothing embossed on it, it's just a plain black pouch.  I found that to be my first disappointment with this product, as I love the black pouches these types of products come in, I always keep them!  The Burberry products have the famous check printed on the cases, the Dior and the Chanel ones have their labels printed on their cases, so this was just a little boring and plain for my taste.  The actual eyeshadow case does also get smudged very easily, but it's quite easy to clean!

The back of the eyeshadow case


The actual eyeshadow also has EDWARD BESS imprinted on the eyeshadow, as well, which is always nice.  The color of the eyeshadow itself is gorgeous!  It's very similar to how it looks in the pan.  It's a really nice bronzey-khaki, with a bit of gold in it, as well.  It has some of the best color payoff I've ever seen in an eyeshadow.  Just one small sweep of this stuff is enough for a light layer on both eyes.  The texture is also superb, very velvety - though not as velvety as Burberry, it's still much nicer than Urban Decay, Dior, and Chanel eyeshadows, which is good considering the price-point!


Here's a swatch of Edward Bess's Intimate, this is quite heavily swatched, but it only took two swipes of my finger across the über-smooth eyeshadow to get this much payoff - amazing!  This color is definitely warm-toned, but it's something people with slightly cool-toned skin (such as myself) can pull off without issue.  This color is so versatile, I even think extremely cool-toned people could even pull this off!

The color is absolutely perfect for fall, everyone needs a khaki eyeshadow for this time of year, and this one is really nice!  The eyeshadow itself is extremely easy to blend and to apply, so no issues there :)

I did have a pretty major issue with this eyeshadow, though, and that's the worst thing when it comes to eyeshadows - Creasing :(

After only about  6 hours of wear I noticed a bit of creasing, despite the fact that I wore UDPP.  I wiped away the crease marks and applied a bit again, 6 hours later when I came back home, I noticed there was really noticeable creasing!!

Now, I checked on Sephora and no one else really seemed to have this issue with creasing, so it could just be me, or maybe it just doesn't work well with UDPP.  I'm going to test it out without eyeshadow primer tomorrow and will update you about that tomorrow!

For now, I would definitely say this is a beautiful shade, something I have fallen in love with over the past couple of days, but I'm thinking it's going to be a short-term eyeshadow for me.  That means I'll be wearing it on days when I don't need to do much or when I only will be out and about for a couple of hours, otherwise the creasing will bother me too much!!

Overall, I just can't recommend this product.  Although I love the color and think it's one of the smoothest and most pigmented eyeshadows I own (besides my Burberry eyeshadows), it creases far too much considering the price tag.

I bought this eyeshadow at Sephora for $30.

**UPDATE**
I wore this eyeshadow again, this time without a primer, I still found it to crease just as much as with the primer.  Therefore, I'm judging that it's the eyeshadow itself that is the problem and not my Urban Decay Primer Potion.  Please keep this in mind if you're thinking about buying this!

Have any of you tried the Edward Bess eyeshadows before? If so, did you have the same issue with creasing? Is there something I can do differently so as to not get a giant crease-fest? Please let me know!! I want to love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment