Monday, October 1, 2012

September Favorites

Well, it's now officially October! I start University this month, so I'm a bit nervous for that, but the fact that it's October, my favorite month of the year, wipes away any thoughts except for ones of crunching leaves when I walk :)

Moving on, it's time for my September Favorites!  I think I have quite a lot this month, so I'll just jump right into it.

Here are all of my favorites!


Face:


Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light - $7.50
If you've read any of my FOTDs, you'll know that I am obsessed with the Maybelline BB Cream, I wear it basically everyday.  I hate heavy coverage foundations/bases, so this is perfect for me, it feels like I have nothing on and it doesn't feel sticky when I touch my face, which is hugely important to me!  Sadly, as it gets colder I probably won't be using this, I'll probably move on to a slightly heavier coverage foundation, but this will still be nice for days when I'm only running to the grocery store or something.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - $3
I've also been obsessed with this powder this month.  The quality for the price is amazing!  I did buy the Burberry Sheer Powder when I was in England this month, but I will still use this sometimes, it's just perfect. If you're in the market for a powder, you really can't go wrong with this one :)

NARS Blush in Douceur - $28
I had been oohing and aahing over the NARS blushers for months before I finally took the plunge and bought 3 at the end of August.  The quality is impeccable and they are basically the only blushers I use.  This one in particular is gorgeous.  It's a beautiful matte dusty rose color.  I don't like the heavy blush look, so this color literally just gives me a 'she's alive and awake' look, because if I don't use blush I look like I've recently risen from the dead (as I'm so damn pale)!  It's very soft and subtle, which is great for me.  However, I have noticed that this is not as pigmented as the other NARS blushers, so you may want to bear that in mind!

Eyes:


Maybelline Mega-Plush Volume Express Mascara - $6
This mascara is perfect for me!  I don't like the heavy mascara look, my lashes are already pretty thick, so I hate trying any mascara that will really volumize my lashes, I only want my mascaras to lengthen them, and this one is exactly what I'm looking for!  This adds little to no volume to the lashes, but really lengthens them, it's great!  Also, it's really easy to take off, which is a bonus :)

Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum - $28
Let me just say, this purchase was 100% inspired by Essiebutton.  Whenever she mentions something, I always HAVE to have it!  So when she called this a Holy Grail item, I immediately ordered it from Sephora. Now, it's super damn expensive, but the length it gives my lashes is worth every penny!  I'm a bit obseessed with making my lashes really long, and after wearing it for a mere day or two my sister had already commented on how long my lashes are, so I can definitely say that this stuff works! :)

Urban Decay Primer Potion - $20
I had been considering buying this for months, but had never taken the plunge, but I'm so glad I did!  It makes my eyeshadows pop, and it keeps them on.  I will say that it's not 100% crease-free on me, but it doesn't crease until about 12 hours into my make-up, which is about when I'm ready to take it off anyways, so I don't really care.

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No. 02 Trench - $29
Once again, if you've read any of my FOTD posts, you'll know I love this eyeshadow.  I bought it at the beginning of August and never really used it, but now that I've discovered it, I can honestly say this is my favorite eyeshadow of all time!  It's definitely a nude color on me, I use it mostly to erase the veins on my eyelids, but if you're darker than I am (which about 98% of the world is) it would make a great highlight, as well.  The Burberry shadows overall are great, especially the texture.  Seriously, if you have a Burberry counter near you, just go and swatch the eyeshadows, they feel like velvet!


Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Taupe - $42
I can't believe I almost forgot to include this!  This is amazing, I can get a really beautiful, natural looking eyebrow with this, but I can also easily get a strong brow, as well.  I loved this so much I even did a review on it here.  It also takes me about 10 seconds to do my brows, as opposed to filling it in with an eyeshadow, which takes me much longer.  The fact that it comes with a spoolie is also a plus!

Lips and Perfume:


Zara Woman Rose EDT 30ml - £8
I bought this in June when I was in the UK.  The scent is beautiful and the lasting power is decent considering it's an EDT.  The very floral rose scent is perfect for me, as I like basically all of my perfumes to be rose scented.  However, my favorite thing about this is the price: £8!! It's an absolute steal.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 130 Rose Velvet - $5
Revlon's lipsticks are my favorite drugstore lipsticks, they're great quality and great lasting power for the price.  This color is basically a My Lips But Better color for me.  I have pretty dark lips, so this is only about one shade darker.  It's a really easy color for me, and isn't too dark for daytime, even in Summer.  It's also not orange-based, which is so important to me.  It's great, that's all I can really say.

Tools:


Real Techniques Contour Brush (from Core Collection - $18)
I ordered this from Ulta, and let me just say that this is the best thing I've ever used to do contour.  I've always had an issue finding brushes that I can use for my contour, but this is perfect.  This in itself is worth the $18, but the other brushes in the set are great (I particularly like the small detail brush, which I use for lining under my eye with my crease color, and the buffing brush, which I use for mineral foundation)!

Real Techniques Setting Brush - $8
I also ordered this from Ulta, and it's exactly what I've been looking for!  I generally only powder underneath my eyes and sometimes down my T-zone, so this makes it really easy, as I find big powder brushes just too much for the small amount of space I actually want to powder.

Skincare:


Origins Super Spot Remover - $13.50
This has been my savior this month, I've suffered the worst month skin-wise in my life.  I've never been spot-prone, but this month I seemed to constantly be getting them, and this worked really well!  I will say that this doesn't seem to prevent oncoming spots, but just speeds up the process of getting rid of them.  It generally will take a couple of uses for a spot to disappear, so this doesn't get rid of spots overnight!  This bottle is microscopic, only 10ml, which makes the price seem ridiculous.  However, I've been using this a lot this month and I've barely used any of it, as you only need the smallest amount.  

Algenist Firming & Lifting Cream
I got this as a free sample from Sephora, it's 15ml which I think is pretty great for a free sample!  I've used this everyday for about a month and a half and am only about half-way through.  I will say that the full size of this, which is only 2 ounces (60ml, I think), is $94! So, as much as I love this I'm pretty sure I won't be buying the full-size, but maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas or something, because it is amazing.  It's not oily or filmy or gross, it just glides on my skin amazingly.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask
This is another sample.  I was thinking about getting this mask for a while, but I wasn't sure since I already have the 10 Minute Drink Up Mask from Origins, so I thought it might be overkill.  However, this stuff is great.  I put it on before I go to bed at night about once a week and I wake up the next morning to not a flake of dry skin on my face.  I actually went to Kaufhof the other day to buy this, but they didn't have it! 

Alright, that's it for my September Favorites! What were your favorites this month? Did you write a post/film a video for it? Please, link below if you did :)


No comments:

Post a Comment