Sunday, October 28, 2012

NOTD: Essie 'Mink Muffs'

Last weekend was German-American Day, which was celebrated in Neuss (near Düsseldorf) and I went to an event there.  I decided to paint my nails another 'Office-Appropriate' shade just for the event - Essie's 'Mink Muffs'.  It's a little less day-job than my usual true nude nail shades, such as CHANEL's 'Frenzy' or Nails Inc.'s 'Porchester Square' (see posts here and here), but I really fell in love with the shade as I was wearing it.


It's a very mushroom-brown shade, but it is very flattering on the nails.  The brown almost has a slight hint of a reddish-purple in it, making it really lovely and a little more unusual than so many brown nail polishes.  I find that really dark colors look a bit off on my nails, but this is a perfect way for me to get a darker color without it looking OTT.

Of course, as with all Essie nail polishes, the formula is great and it lasted about 5 days without any major chipping (probably 3 days without any chipping, at all).

I bought this at Wal-Mart for $8, but you can pick it up just about anywhere!

Hope you enjoyed :) Check out my last NOTD post here, or check out my most recent post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment