Monday, October 29, 2012

My Make-Up Emergency Kit

Recently, I've been spending a lot of time on campus, which is about 20 minutes away from where I live.  Therefore, I've found it much easier to just stay at a friend's apartment at the university instead of literally walking through the woods to get home once it gets a bit late.  However, the problem with this is that I don't generally bring my entire night-time skin-care routine along with my make-up for the next day with me when I never am actually planning on staying over on campus, which is a bit of a situation for me.  So, I decided to just make a 'Make-Up/Skincare Emergency Kit' for situations like this and leave it at a friend's apartment.

It all fits nicely inside this little LeSportsac that I bought on sale maybe 10 years ago!
Here's what I put inside:


Make-Up:


I went quite stingy with the contents of this 'Emergency Kit', as it literally is just for emergency sleep-overs.  Make-Up wise I decided to include the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light (which I love, by the way, just a little too light of coverage for the colder months, but I will be taking this back come spring!), the Sleek Storm Palette - to use for eyeshadow and eyeliner, a Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair, an Artdeco All in One mascara sample, and the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent - which hasn't been getting much love from me since I got the Burberry Sheer Powder.  You may have noticed there isn't any blush, lipstick, or anything for my eyebrows included.  I've decided I can live without blush in an emergency (and I didn't want to say good-bye to any of my blushes for a long-period of time).  I also keep multiple lipsticks and my Tom Ford Brow Sculptor (review here) in my make-up bag inside of my purse, so I know that I'll have those at any given moment!

Brushes:


I kept it simple and just included a Mini-Hairbrush from Goody, a BareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush for Powder, an Eco Tools Brow Brush (for eyeliner), a Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush, and an Elf Contour Brush.

Skincare and Perfume:


For my skincare I thought I would make use of some of my millions of samples, including only samples.  I've decided to put in: a sample of Chloé EDP, Aesop B & Tea Balancing Toner, Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser, Bobbi Brown Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover, Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer, Sephora Instant Moisturizer, and a couple of Cotton Pads.

This bag consists of products that I don't tend to use very much, but products that I still am happy to use, making it perfect for an emergency kit :)

Hope you enjoyed the post! Check out my most recent post here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment