Thursday, October 11, 2012

NOTD: Sally Hansen 'Commander in Chic'

I haven't posted in ages, I've been extremely busy over the past week and a half because of my University orientation and now this week I've started an intensive German Language Course.  But since I've been so busy meeting people and going to class and such, I've been neglecting my blog :( I'm going to try and post a couple of times a week from now on, so I can write my posts on the weekend and publish them throughout the week, so hopefully this break won't be so common!

Anyways, I'm jumping back in with a NOTD Post, as I love reading these :)  I've really been into nude nails for the past month or two, but I'm also loving grège nails for this time of year, as well!  

Sally Hansen's 'Commander in Chic' with a base coat, 2 coats of polish, and a top coat

Today, I'm wearing Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in '370 Commander in Chic'.  I had been eyeing this color for a while before I finally gave in and bought it!  It's such a perfect fall color, a mix between  brown, grey, and purple.  It comes out a nice taupe-ish color, that's isn't murky like that color combination might suggest!  It's also quite similar to OPI's 'You Don't Know Jacques!' (which I posted about here).  Although, 'You Don't Know Jacques!' is much more brown than 'Commander in Chic' is.

I know that many people hate the Sally Hansen brushes, but I'm in love with them.  I just need to sweep it across my nails about twice to get the perfect amount for each coat.  I have an issue with the thin brushes that come in most nail polishes, so Sally Hansen is always something I tend to gravitate towards!

The wear on the Sally Hansen polishes are also not too shabby, I can generally get about 3 or 4 days of wear out of these polishes before it starts to chip, which is about average, so nothing to complain about.

I also love how amazingly cheap these are, I think they are either $5 or $6 in the US, and probably about €5 or €6, though I'm not sure, as I bought this at Wal-Mart about 2 months ago!

Sally Hansen is definitely a brand to check out, if you like thick brushes and decent wear like I do!

Hope you guys enjoyed this post :) More to come very soon, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment