Tuesday, October 30, 2012

NOTD: Essie 'Bahama Mama'

Everyone in the Beauty Blogger/Youtube world has been raving about a certain color for fall - Essie's 'Bahama Mama', so I finally caved in and bought it!  Let's just say it definitely lives up to the hype.


The color is gorgeous - a raspberry/deep hot-pink, but it definitely doesn't come out Barbie on the nails.  It's almost a softer red, something that I think would be great for teenagers and adults, alike.  It doesn't come of too young or childish, but at the same time, it doesn't look like it would be too mature for someone in middle/high-school, either.  The color itself, works perfectly for this time of year, with a deeper color, it's great for Fall/Winter, but I think it could be worn in Spring/Summer, as well.

The color has lasted for 5 days so far, and it's only starting to wear off at the edges of my nails, which is fantastic!  I honestly think this could last for an entire week without issues!  

One thing I did notice about this nail polish is that it has a different brush than all of my other Essie nail polishes, it's not skinny like all of my other ones, but very thick, like the Sally Hansen brushes.  This is the only Essie nail polish that I bought in Germany (at Müller for €8), so maybe that's why.  If anyone has any ideas about why the brush is different, please let me know as I am really curious!

Overall, I would highly recommend this color, jump on the bandwagon -- the view is beautiful!

You can check out my most recent NOTD post here and my most recent post here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, in England Essie polishes have begun to be stocked in our 2 main drugstores, there are 70 polishes in a diffusion line with newly designed thick brushes. So I think you got a polish from the diffusion line! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be a new thing, because I've never seen anything like that in an Essie polish before!

      Delete