Tuesday, May 14, 2013

3 Cream Blushers for Spring/Summer!

Ever since the beginning of February, I've had a never-ending bout of Spring Fever.  I've changed to makeup routine to match the *warmer* weather: lighter bases, less eye makeup, coral lips, and of course, cream blushers.

I never used to like cream blushers, but recently, I've been converted!

As I've been loving cream blushers recently, I thought I'd share my top 3 picks for this Spring with you :)


Topshop Head Over Heels (Top: Blended out, Bottom: Heavily swatched)
The first one is the Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels ($12).  Although not the cheapest drugstore price, it's still a lovely blush and I find it works just as nicely as my higher-end cream blushers do.  It lasts all day on me and the color is beautiful!  It's a coral that leans more orange than pink, but it's absolutely perfect for Spring! I'm so impressed with the formula of this that I'm definitely going to pick up some more of these when I'm in London this week!


NARS Penny Lane (Top: Blended out, Bottom: Heavily swatched)
The next blusher is NARS Penny Lane ($29).  The least creamy of the three blushers, but the longest lasting by far.  I wore this the other day and it literally stayed on from when I first applied it at around 11 am until I took it off at 10 pm. The longevity of this alone makes it worth the price!  Penny Lane is a warm, nude pink that looks soft and natural on fair to light skin tones.  However, it might not show up on medium-dark skin-tones, so keep that in mind.  The formula is cream to powder and I'm really impressed with it, despite the lack of creaminess!


YSL 02 Powdery Rose (Top: Heavily swatched, Bottom: Blended out)

My final pick is the YSL Crème De Blush in 02 Powdery Rose ($38).  This is a beautifully packaged soft pink/strawberry shade.  Although quite bright in the pan, the blush applies quite sheerly (though it can be built up), so don't let the color scare you!  It's really easy to blend onto the cheeks and it lasts pretty well, though not as long-wearing as Penny Lane.  The only problem with it?  The packaging is so small and compact that it could be hard to fit your entire brush in.

As for brushes to use, I opt for a stippling brush most days.  I prefer to use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, but I will also use the MAC 109, as well as the Real Techniques Contour Brush.

The Real Techniques Stippling Brush is perfect for all of my cream blushers, except for the YSL one, as it just doesn't fit into the teeny-tiny pot.  However, it applies all of my blushers like a dream.  The MAC 109 is a small brush, works really well for the creamier of the cream blushers (i.e. the Topshop and YSL ones), plus the entire brush head fits in the YSL packaging!  It blends them out really nicely and doesn't shed when using either of those blushers.  However, it sheds like a mofo when I'm using NARS Penny Lane.  I have to remove about 5 hairs from that blush after each use, so I had to find something else.  I found that the Real Techniques Contour Brush works really well for that.  It blends the color out, applies it nicely to the cheek, and doesn't leave me with a pair of tweezers trying my damnedest not to damage my blush!

These three blushers have already gotten a lot of use and they will continue to throughout the rest of Spring/Summer!  I hope you found this helpful and if you have any cream blush recommendations, I am definitely all ears :)

Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment