Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Laura Mercier Lush Nectarine Blush Review

Whilst browsing the new Laura Mercier stand at the Douglas in Frankfurt, I was on the hunt for something new.  Disappointed by the foundation offerings, I moved on to the blushers.  

One of the makeup artists noticed that I was swatching away and offered to apply some blush on to me and I just figured, why not?  She created what I can only call the most beautiful combination ever.  She mixed together Lush Nectarine and Spiced Cider to create the perfect blush color for any season.  Although I wanted both shades, I couldn't justify spending €28 twice, so I walked away from the stand with only one blush in my hands: Lush Nectarine.


Lush Nectarine ($24/€28) is described as a soft peachy coral, which it is, but then again it isn't.  What I would describe as more of an orange-based coral with a hint of peachy-pink with shimmer, this blush is absolutely stunning for Spring/Summer.  Despite the heavy orange undertones to the blush, it still manages to look natural on me, which is shocking, because most orange-based anythings look awful on me!


As far as longevity goes, you can't get much better than this stuff.  A good 7 hours after application, the blush is still in tact and looks as if I had just applied it not 10 minutes before!  However, at the 11 hour mark, it starts to look a little faded, but somehow not patchy.  I can't say anything, except the longevity is amazing!

However, despite the gorgeous color and the longevity, there is something I just can't get over when it comes to the LM Blushers: the amount of product.  Despite spending a hefty $24/€28, you only get 3.5g of product!  That's the same as any one of the LM Eyeshadows, which I think is nothing short of disappointing.  The blusher is so small and compact, and although that's great for travel, it makes me feel a bit ripped-off.


Longevity: 4.5/5
Pigmentation: 4/5
Packaging: 4/5
Texture: 4.5/5
Application: 4/5
Value For Money: 3/5 
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment