Wednesday, May 22, 2013

40 Beauty Questions :)

I thought I'd do something a little different today :) I hope you enjoy it!

SkinCare

How many times do you wash your face a day?
Twice a day - once in the morning,and again at night.

What skin type do you have?
Normal to Combination.

What's your current face wash?
In the morning I use the L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam ($27), which is OK, and the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm (£34), which I really enjoy!

Do you exfoliate?
I don't exfoliate my face often enough, I should really get on that...
But I use a body scrub in the shower twice a week, because I suffer from dry skin on my arms and legs..

What moisturizer do you use?
I am currently using the Algenist Firming & Lifting Cream ($94) (review here)! 

Do you have freckles?
I have some freckles on my face, and I love them all!  I can't bear wearing a foundation that doesn't let them shine through :)

Do you use eye cream?
Yes, I recently started using the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado ($28.50 for 0.5 oz) for in the evening; I really like it so far, but I do think it's a bit too heavy-duty for morning..

Do you or did you have acne pron skin?
Not really, I get the occasional spot, but thankfully it's not too often!

Make-up

What foundation do you use?
I usually switch between the Burberry Sheer Fluid Foundation in Trench No. 01 ($52), the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain 0 ($47), and the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 51 (£10.99).

How about concealer?
Burberry Sheer Concealer in No. 01 Light Beige ($40) for under the eyes, then Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair (£4.19) for any spots or redness on my face.

Do you know your undertone color?
Neutral, I believe..

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I've never used them, but I'd like to try them out for a night out or something.

Did you know you're supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, and I try hard to stick to it, as well :)!

What brand of mascara do you use?
Um...currently using...6.  I switch between all six: YSL Shocking Mascara in 5 Cherry Black (review here) ($30), YSL Effet Faux Cils Mascara in 6 Deep Night (review here) ($30), Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara ($6), Maybelline The Falsies Mascara ($6), Maybelline The Rocket Mascara (review here) ($6), and Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara (review here($5).  I like them all (except I'm still on the fence about Maybelline's The Rocket), though!

Sephora or MAC?
Probably MAC, since I could get everything at Sephora from somewhere else if I HAD to!

Do you have a MAC pro-card
No :(

What make-up tools do you use in make-up application?
I use a Sephora Mineral Powder Brush for foundation, a Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush for concealer, a spooli for my eyebrows, usually a MAC 217 for my eyeshadow, Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers, an EcoTools Bronzer Brush for Bronzer, Real Techniques Multi-Purpose Brush for Blush, and a MAC 109 for Highlighter (though this all changes quite often except for the spooli, the concealer brush, and the eyelash curlers!).

Do you use a make-up base/primer for your eyes?
I'm currently trying to work my way through my Urban Decay Primer Potion ($20), though I prefer the NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base ($24) (review here).

For you face?
I don't usually use a primer for my face, but sometimes I'll use the Burberry Fresh Glow ($48).

What's your favorite eyeshadow color/shade?
Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No. 02 Trench ($29)! It's the perfect color to match my skin-tone, couldn't live without it!

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Sometime I use a pencil, but I usually use MAC Smut ($12) smudged into my lash line instead of liner or I'll use MAC Teddy Eye Kohl ($16) on my lashline.

How often do you poke your eyes with your eyeliner?
Not too often, but when I do it's ALWAYS when I'm lining my tightline!

What do you think of pigment shadows?
They look fantastic, but I haven't tried one yet - hopefully that'll change soon :)

Do you use mineral make-up?
I have the Laura Mericer Mineral Powder in Real Sand ($36)  , but it's a tad too dark for me, so I rarely use it, but I love the way it looks on my skin!

What's your favorite lipstick?
Clinique Chubby Stick in Bountiful Blush ($16) (review here) all the way!

How about lipgloss?
I HATE lipgloss with a passion.  I always find it way too sticky and my hair constantly gets stuck in it!

What's your favorite blush to use?
Tie between NARS Douceur ($29) and Estée Lauder Pure Color Blush in #15 Blushing Nude ($28) (review here)!

Do you buy your make-up on eBay?
I've only ever bought one palette from Benefit off of eBay - I'm always too scared that it'll be fake!  Though I have bought used perfumes off of eBay before.

Do you like drugstore make-up?
Yes!  Sometimes I forget how much I love it, but I always try and use a couple drugstore products everyday because they're often just as good as my high-end stuff.

Do you go to CCO's (cosmetic company outlets)
No, I don't think we have them in Germany and I think the closest one to my hometown in America is something like 4 hours away...

Have you ever considered taking a make-up course?
Yes! But I'm not sure where I could take one back home...

Are you clumsy when putting on make-up?
Only if I'm doing something I haven't quite got the hang of - like liquid eyeliner *shudder*.

Name a make-up crime you hate?
Spider lashes!  They really bother me.  I once saw a girl on the train apply mascara for 30 minutes straight.  Her lashes were so spidery and gross, I wanted to change seats just so I wouldn't have to stare at them anymore...

Do you like colorful shades of make-up? ( lipsticks, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I love bright lips, and I love using darker shades for my eyes and lips in the Winter, but I'm a major neutral lover overall!

Which celebrity always has great make-up?
Lauren Conrad always has stunning makeup!  But I don't really follow celebrities that much, especially beauty-wise.  I find more inspiration through Blogs and Youtube!

If you could leave the house using just one make-up item, what would it be?
Definitely concealer!

Could you ever leave the house without any make-up?
Yes, and I have many times, I just prefer to have a bit of concealer, a bit of mascara, and my eyebrows filled in if I can!

Do you think you look good even without any make-up?
Yeah, I think it's important to realize you look good without makeup instead of being dependent on it.  So whenever I feel like I don't look good without makeup on, I force myself to go out without makeup.  I like to dive straight into the deep end when it comes to makeup.

In your opinion, what is the best make-up line?
If I could only use one brand it would probably be Burberry.  Their foundation and eyeshadows are my favorite of all time, plus their powder, concealer, blushers, and lipsticks are really nice, too!

What do you think of make-up?
I love make-up, it gives me an opportunity to accentuate my features, to add color to my otherwise dead complexion, to brighten up my eyes, to sculpt my face; it lets me achieve something sultry and daring, or natural and glowing.  I love playing around with colors and trying out new looks, and it's amazing how different you can look with just a little bit of concealer and an eyebrow pencil!

I hope you enjoyed this post :)  If you've done this, make sure to link it down below, I love reading these posts!

Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment