Friday, May 24, 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick in 07 Super Strawberry Review

After professing my love for the Clinique Chubby Stick in Bountiful Blush (review here), it was only a matter of time until I picked up another one in a different shade.




Some serious swatching occurred at the Clinique counter, but I left with a new tinted lip balm in my hands and I have been so pleased with it.  I opted for Super Strawberry ($16), a wearable bright pink.



It's described as a sheer berry pink, which is exactly right.   Super Strawberry is exactly the color you would think of when you think of strawberries.  This shade is a great way for adding a pop of color, without going overboard and without sacrificing hydration to your lips.

My lips were recently somewhat destroyed thanks to a certain lip balm (*cough* Nuxe Reve De Miel *cough*) and the Clinique Chubby Sticks and the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines are the only lip products I can wear on my lips besides actual lip balms.  So, if you're looking for hydration and a bit of color, look no farther.

On to longevity, it's about the same as any other tinted lip balm, about 2 hours.  I feel like if you're looking into getting a tinted lip balm, longevity shouldn't be the question you're asking (they all tend to be the same on me), the question should be pigmentation.

One thing I've noticed with the Chubby Sticks is that there not as pigmented at the first bit of the bullet, but once you used up the pointed end and start using what's inside the tube, it becomes more pigmented (very confusing, hope it makes sense).

I also know that there is no shortage of dupes out there, all for about half the price of the Clinique version, but I personally prefer the Clinique version to the dupes I've tried!  

I would definitely recommend this shade to anyone who's looking for a new, bright lip shade for everyday wear :)

Longevity: 4/5
Pigmentation: 4/5
Packaging: 4/5
Texture: 5/5
Application: 5/5
Value For Money: 4/5 
Overall Rating: 8.67/10

No comments:

Post a Comment