Sunday, May 5, 2013

MAC Temperature Rising Eyeshadow Palette Review

I recently meandered into MAC (as you do).  I was literally going in just to buy a lipstick, but I guess I went in a few days after the new Temperature Rising Collection launched (without even realizing) and I got sucked in buy the Limited Edition offerings!

I've never owned anything from a MAC Collection, so I really wanted to get something, especially because of the gorgeous bronze packaging.  The packaging on all of the products is similar to the NARS packaging, a rubbery texture, which I personally love, but I know a lot of people hate.




I ended up buying one thing from the collection: the Temperature Rising Eyeshadow Palette ($44), which gets its name from the collection.


Top Row: Performance Art, Temperature Rising
Bottom Row: Swelter, Beauty Marked

This palette is  a quad made up of four limited edition shades: Peformance Art (frosted golden mauve), Temperature Rising (light warm tanned peach), Swelter (midtone grey violet), and Beauty Marked (charcoal black with red pearl). 


L-R: Performance Art, Temperature Rising, Swelter, Beauty Marked

The texture on the first three shades is really nice, soft to the touch and easy to blend out.  The only difficult one is Beauty Marked, which is somewhat chalky and stiff.  If you plan to use Beauty Marked as anything but a liner, make sure to be patient with it!

Performance Art is a gorgeous lilac shade with noticeable golden shimmer.  In the pan, the golden shimmer doesn't look so obvious (especially due to its placement next to the peach eyeshadow, Temperature Rising). However, once applied to the lid, the gold really shows and it looks stunning!

Temperature Rising is a peach-toned eyeshadow with some shimmer.  It's a bit warmer and darker than some of MAC's other peach eyeshadows, meaning it can be worn throughout the seasons.  The shimmer is noticeable on the eyes, but I do like shimmery eyeshadows, so I'm not one to complain :)  I will say that this shade did seem a bit of a random placement in this palette, which is full of purple shades, but it was the shade that really made me want to buy it!

Swelter is a grey-purple (more purple than grey) that looks gorgeous on the outer corner and the crease, especially when used with Performance Art.  It's quite cool-toned (as is the palette overall), but if you like purple eyeshadows, I'm sure you like this.  There isn't any shimmer in this eyeshadow (unlike the first two), it's more of a frost finish, which is my favorite, personally.

The final shade, Beauty Marked, is the most difficult to work with in the palette, as I previously mentioned.  This is a black shade (though it looks purple in the pan due to the red shimmer), which tons of red shimmer in it.  I experienced some fall out with this, which I expected due to the glitter, but it wasn't a lot, just enough to run over my under-eyes with my concealer brush once more.  I use this shade as an eyeliner, but I'm sure you could use it for a gorgeous, purple smoky eye, too.

Overall,  I'm very happy with this palette and would recommend it if you're looking for some new purple eyeshadows!  It's limited edition, so if you want it, act fast :)

Longevity: 4.5/5
Pigmentation: 4.5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Texture: 4.5/5
Application: 4.5/5
Value For Money: 4.5/5 
Overall Rating: 9.17/10


Have you gotten anything from the Temperature Rising Collection?  Are you planning to?

No comments:

Post a Comment