Saturday, May 4, 2013

April/March Beauty Favorites 2013 :)

Spring has finally arrived here in Germany, and I couldn't be happier :)  I didn't do a monthly favorites post for March, nor did I post at all in April - woops.  I just needed a bit of a break, as I was ultra busy with my family coming to visit me in Germany, going on a trip to Paris with a friend, and then starting the new semester at school.  April has been extra-busy, but enough rambling - let's get into the beauty bits :)



I got a new eye cream in February, the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado ($28.50), which I absolutely adore.  It's quite rich, and takes a while to sink in, so I only use it at night, but I have a feeling this little tub is going to last me a very, very long time, as a little goes a really long way.  I also purchased the full-size of the Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum ($48).  I used up two samples of this during this year alone, so I knew it was worth purchasing!

Now, onto Make-Up! 


Swatches (Left: Garnier Eye Roller, Right: Burberry Concealer in No. 01)

I came up with a new under-eye concealer method that I think works really well for Spring, but also covers up my dark circles.  I first use the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller Sheer Tint ($12) as part of my morning skin-care routine.  It wakes up my eyes a bit and gives a bit of coverage.  Then, after I've put on my foundation and am ready to conceal, I use the Burberry Sheer Luminous Concealer in No. 01 ($40) to conceal my dark circles.  It gives really nice coverage and doesn't look cakey, but I'm always sure to powder it because it creases like a bitch on me (though to be fair, all concealers crease on my under-eyes).


Top Row: Naked Lunch, All That Glitters
Bottom Row: Jest, Smut
Left to Right: Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, Jest, Smut

Next, I rediscovered my MAC Custom Palette this month and I haven't stopped using it.  I've particularly been loving Naked Lunch (minimal pink with shimmer), All That Glitters (beige with gold pearl), Jest (soft peach with icy shimmer), and Smut (muted black with red shimmer) ($12 each).  I love alternating between Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, and Jest.  They're similar enough that they're all lovely natural shades that aren't OTT for Spring, but they're different enough to justify having all three.  As for Smut, I generally use that one smudged out on the lash-line in place of eyeliner.  I bought this empty quad in March for €8 and it's so perfect for travel.  It's really nice being able to bring my four favorite shadows of the moment with me, without having to lug around my gigantic 15-shadow palette!  I always forget about my MAC Eyeshadows, so it's really nice to rediscover them!


MAC Teddy Swatch

Two other eye products I've been loving for the past few months are the MAC Teddy Eye Kohl (intense bronze) ($16) for eyeliner on days where I'm going for a warmer-toned look and Maybelline The Falsies Mascara ($6). I used to HATE this mascara, but out of nowhere I started loving it.  It doesn't clump and it gives nice volume without looking fake (unlike the name would suggest).

Left to Right: Stila Lillium, Tarte Exposed
Left to Right: St. Tropez Rose, Tarte Exposed, Stila Lillium, NARS Laguna

For cheeks, I've been using NARS Laguna Bronzer ($36) (review here)  basically everyday as a contour color and then switching between Stila Convertible Color in Lillium ($25) and Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed ($26) for my blush.  I've also basically been attached at the hip with the St. Tropez Skin Illuminator in Rose (€13 off Feelunique).  It's the perfect highlighter for pink-toned blush.  It's quite subtle and not too cool-toned, plus the price point is fantastic!  I'm definitely going to be buying the other shades (Gold and Violet) soon!


Left to Right: Clinique Bountiful Blush, Clinique Super Strawberry, Chanel Boy
Finally onto lips.  I was pretty indecisive in my lip choices this month and continually used three different products. The first is definitely not one for those trying to save a few, but it was worth every penny!  The Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy ($34) has become one of my favorite shades to just throw on.  It's a light pink shade that is really moisturizing and looks really natural on the lips.  The other two lip products are the same one, but in two different colors.  The Clinique Chubby Sticks in 05 Bountiful Blush and 07 Super Strawberry ($16 each) are my all-time favorite crayon lipsticks.  Bountiful Blush is my most used lip product of all time (I've even repurchased it) (review here), so I knew Super Strawberry was going to be a hit with me.  I was right, the color on Super Strawberry is a day-time appropriate brightish pink.  Although less pigmented than Bountiful Blush, the bright pink of Super Strawberry does translate to the lips, but it's sheerer, making me feel like it's okay to wear to my office job :)!

I hope you all had an amazing April (and March, too) and hopefully everyone is just as excited for May as I am :)  My Birthday is in May and I'll be going to the UK for a week and a half this month, so I'm really excited for this month!  

Any favorites this month?  Or are you planning anything special in May?

Follow me on Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. I love Exposed by Tarte, it is a great everyday color!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's becoming one of my all-time favorite blushers (which is saying something) :)xx

      Delete