Monday, May 6, 2013

NEOM Refresh Candle Review

Candles are something I don't think I could live without.  If you've ever been to my apartment you'll know that almost immediately.  I always have a candle on my desk ready for burning along with a couple back-up candles, too, in case the worst happens and my current candle finishes.  My friends give me candles as gifts and joke about my obsession with them, but I just find them so relaxing and luxurious!



One of my favorite candle brands is a British brand - NEOM Organics.  Last year, I heard a lot about them, so when I went to London last September I bought 3 different travel candles (SumptuousReal Luxury, and Complete Bliss) and promptly used them up.  So, when I was back in London in February, I restrained myself and only bought one - Refresh (£15 for travel size).

I can only describe this candle as 'the perfect kitchen scent'.  Lemony and fresh, it's perfect for Spring/Summer and for feeling awake and ready to accomplish something!

NEOM describes the scent as such:
Experience this humble scent and prepare to be overwhelmed... the smell of a real Lemon, a fresh, juicy, non-syntheic version is really special, and very rare.  Coupled with the clean Basil this is a fantastically pure and energising scent.

NEOM also gives a treatment for each candle, this is Refresh's:
A clean and cheerful blend that enlivens the body and recharges the soul.  The perfect morning or pre-night out 'pick me up'.  Also perfect for when you are over worked and over tired, feeling groggy or have a sore throat.

I like this scent, but I do have three issues with it.  The first is that I like to light candles when having a relaxing night-in, but this is more of a get-up-and-go scent that works better for spring mornings, so I'm not getting through it as quickly as usual because of that (which is good, I guess).  The second issue I have is that the scent, however lovely, doesn't fill up the room completely with the scent of the candle like most NEOM candles do, which is disappointing to say the least.  Finally, my wick on this candle is completely messed up and it won't stay lit for longer than about 10 minutes, which is really annoying!  However, this is the only time I've had this issue with a NEOM Candle, so I'm sure this was just a faulty candle and won't stop me from continuing to buy NEOM candles :)

Although I do like this candle and don't regret buying it (except I might've picked up a different candle than the horrible-wick one that I chose), I probably won't repurchase it just because of the few issues I have with it.  However, if I'm ever looking for a new candle for my kitchen, this one will definitely be on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment