Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Paris Haul :)

In mid-April, I went to Paris for a few days with a friend of mine.  I didn't buy too much while I was there, but I still bought enough to have enough new make-up bits to play with for a while!



The first store I went to in Paris was, of course, a French Pharmacy.  I only left with one item, the Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm (around €7) as I've been wanting to try it for about a year!  I wanted to buy more, but I can pretty much buy anything available at a French Pharmacy in Germany, so I didn't really want to lug it all back.  Words can't describe how much I hate this lip balm.  I used it for about two weeks and everything was fine and then all of the sudden it completely dried my lips out and even two weeks after I've stopped using Nuxe Reve de Miel, I'm still unable to wear any lipstick as my lips are still recovering :(  So disappointed!


The next purchase was the Sephora Mineral Powder Brush (around €17).  Again, this was a purchase I made after lusting after this brush for about a year.  I'm currently OBSESSED with this brush!  I use it daily for my foundation and it gives such a lovely, flawless finish - highly recommend this.



Whilst at Sephora, I couldn't not go to the NARS counter.  NARS isn't available in stores anywhere (at least, as far as I know) in Germany, so I love going to their counter when I'm in a different country.  I left the counter with one thing in my hand (though I wanted so much more) - the NARS Blush in Deep Throat (€30).   I've wanted to try this for a while (noticing a pattern here?), but I have so many blushers, I always forced myself not to.  However, on my last day in Paris, I had money in my pocket that was basically screaming to be spent!  It's a lovely peachy-pink color with subtle shimmer and I love the way it looks on the cheeks, so I'm very pleased with this purchase :)

Finally, I found Nails Inc. Nail Polishes in one of the Sephora's I went into and I couldn't leave without buying one.  Nails Inc. Nail Polishes are one of my all-time favorite formulations, so I absolutely couldn't resist.  I decided to buy the shade St. James Park, which is a stunning bright pink.  I only own one other pink nail polish and it's currently sitting in my nail polish stash 5000 miles away, so I thought this would be a good and justifiable purchase for me.

That's it for this haul, though I'm sure I'll have another one up soon as I'm going to be going to the UK this month and I simply can't resist the offerings of Boots!  Have you bought anything worth raving about lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment