Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed Review

As an admitted blush addict, I'm always on the hunt for a new blush.  I have a collection that would scare most people, yet I can't help but buy them!

Although, I have found love with Estée Lauder's Pure Color Blush in 15 Blushing Nude ($28) (review here), I find it to be too warm to wear with certain looks and when those moments come I always turn to the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed ($26).



Exposed is a brown-pink color with the slightest hint of shimmer in the pan (but it doesn't seem to transfer to the cheeks) that looks so natural on anyone I've ever seen it on.  It doesn't look like you're wearing blush, it just looks like you have a healthy glow to your cheeks.  It's probably the closest color I've found to matching my actual flush color, which is really what anyone looks for in blushers, right?




Since this is a brown-pink, it is warm in color, but it's more pink than brown, making it the perfect blush choice for fair-light skins (such as myself) and not too warm for those with cooler-tones, but warm enough for those with warmer-tones.



The texture is chalky to the touch and is not the easiest to swatch; however, once you pick up a brush, the product is picked up very easily and applies really nicely (I use the Real Techniques Multi-Task Brush)!  It's quite pigmented when applied to the cheeks, so you don't need much.

As for the whole '12-Hour Staying Power' - well, I'm not convinced.  The blush does have good staying power, lasting around 8 hours on me, but 12 hours is definitely not the case.

The packaging is also a little hit and miss.  Each blush in this line has the color packaging that reflects the color inside, which is really helpful for when you're searching through your collection (especially if your collection is rather large - like mine).  However, the overall look seems a tad cheap, in my opinion and it doesn't look like you spent $26, which is a shame.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this blush if you're looking for a natural, pink flush.  Otherwise, if you're looking for a different shade, I know there are a lot of different ones in this range, and if the formulation and pigmentation is the same throughout (I'm not sure, I've only tried this one), then I would definitely say to go for it!


Longevity: 4.5/5
Pigmentation: 4.5/5
Packaging: 3.5/5
Texture: 4/5
Application: 5/5
Value For Money: 4/5 
Overall Rating: 8.5/10

                                                                    Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment