Saturday, June 1, 2013

May Favorites!



Another month gone...

I had a fantastic May:  I had my birthday, I went to the UK for 12 days, and I discovered some fantastic products that got some serious use this month!

First thing on the list is the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in 0 Porcelain ($47).  This is a recent purchase, but oh man, this has got to be the greatest color match I've ever had with a foundation!  As a neutral-toned gal, I struggle finding foundations that suit my skin-tone.  They're usually too pink or too yellow, add the fact that I'm pale as a ghost and you have the great foundation hunt, which I have been on for years!  This is very light coverage, too, which makes it even better for me :)  I absolutely adore this stuff!  I've also been loving using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent ($5) to set my foundation and concealer.  I suffer from a bit of oiliness in my T-zone, so I'm always looking for a powder that doesn't look like I'm wearing too much!  This is great because it's so affordable and it doesn't add any extra coverage, though still sets your foundation and concealer.  As you can see by the picture, I have been loving this so much, I've even hit pan (which is saying something)

Next up is the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette ($27) (review here).  I bought this right after it was released and it has just sat in my collection ever since; however, once I started using this, I really couldn't stop, it's such a great palette for everyday and for travel.  I've also gone back to my trusty Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Taupe ($42) (review here).  I didn't use this for about two months, and was using the MAC Lingering Brow Pencil, instead (which isn't my favorite).  The Tom Ford one is such a better match for me, plus it's easier to use than a pencil.  I really couldn't live without this!  Finally for eyes, I've been loving the Maybelline The Falsies Mascara ($6) for a while now.  After I first got this, I found it to give me too many clumps to use, but after it dried up a bit, it has quickly become my new favorite mascara.  It gives a little length and some decent volume, plus you can't beat the price!

As for lips, I loved using the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments ($22 each) (not pictured) this month.  In April, I had a horrible reaction to the  Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm.  My lips were peeling constantly, they were so dry.  I tried every lip balm I owned to try to reverse the damage, and this was the only stuff that actually moisturized my lips for longer than a couple of minutes.  I used up all of mine, but this will be the first purchase I make from Sephora when I get back to the US!  Thankfully, after about 2 weeks of no lipstick (due to Nuxe), I was finally able to start wearing moisturizing lipsticks about two weeks into the month.  That's where the Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Rouge Automatique Lipstick in 100 ($35) comes in to play.  After having swatched this multiple times, I finally purchased this at duty free before I went to the UK this month.  The color is stunning, it's moisturizing, plus it lasts pretty well.  All that being said, I couldn't put this down since I bought it.  I've been wearing this for over two weeks straight and there's no end in sight!

My last favorite of the month is Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT ($20 for Rollerball).  This is such a gorgeous, summer scent.  Not too heavy, not too floral, and the fact that I have the rollerball version makes it perfect for travel.  If you're looking into getting it, take the plunge, or just try the rollerball like I did :)

Have you tried any of these products?  Did you discover any new favorites this month that I should know about (I'm always on the search for a new product)?

Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment