Friday, June 7, 2013

My Beauty Must-Haves!

Thought I'd take a break from my usual review post and talk about all the products that I love and have loved for a long time!  My Beauty Must-Haves (this doesn't include skincare, haircare etc.) make up quite a list, you have been warned :)


I'll quickly run through my must-have beauty tools, I couldn't live with my MAC 217 ($23).  It's just the perfect blending brush and is so versatile.  I'm even planning on picking up a few more once I can afford the steep price (€25, ouch).  I also LOVE my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers ($20).  These converted me to using Eyelash Curlers and now I can't look back.  My eyelashes have looked stunning ever since I started using these and I will continue to use them for the foreseeable future!




Onto the best part: Makeup.  I have two base products that I will continually repurchase.  The first is my trusty Burberry Sheer Fluid Foundation in Trench No. 01 ($54).  Although it's expensive, it's the perfect color for me and it gives me just the right amount of coverage without making me feel like I'm wearing a mask (which just about any foundation above a light-medium coverage does to me).  This shade is pretty neutral in color, which is perfect for me, because I'm pretty much neutral in skin-tone and I find it really hard to find foundations that match my skin, they mostly end up being too yellow or too pink!  So, is a must-have for me!



Moving onto eyes.  I have oily lids, so I have to have an eyeshadow primer and the NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base ($24) (review here) ticks all the boxes.  All other eyeshadow primers I've tried still cause creasing, but this makes my eyeshadows last all day!  



My eyeshadow pick has to be the Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No. 02 Trench ($29).  This isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it's the perfect wash of color on the lid for me.  It matches my skin tone and covers up the veins on my lids, but it has a (very) slight shimmer running through it, too, for something a little more special :)  Then for my brows, I couldn't live with my Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Taupe ($42) (review here).  I was devastated when mine was stolen from my make-up bag when I was in Spain :(  But thankfull I had already repurchased this and I will continue to do so.  It's just amazing, I can't say anything more than that.



Finally, I have to mention the lipstick I've been in love with since January: the Clinique Chubby Stick in Bountiful Blush 05 ($16).  Sheer, but not too sheer: this gives an amazing color to the lips, without looking too matte or too much for day-wear.  I recently lost my tube of this and went about 5 days without it and felt completely lost.  Needless to say, I went out and bought a new one and everything now is right in the world again!



I also want to mention my all-time favorite perfume.  I've never mentioned this before, but my go-to scent is Dolce & Gabanna Rose The One ($98 for 2.5 oz).  It's an amazing mix of fruity and floral, which just smells really natural and never seems like it's too much.  I've worn this for four years and I constantly go back to it (fun fact: this was the first ever high-end perfume I bought!).  I never hear about this anywhere, but I've turned a lot of people into addicts of this stuff, so seriously go give it a try!

Well, this was quite the post!  Anyways, I hope this gave some insight into what I feel is really worth the money for me and maybe it helped you out :)

Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment