Sunday, June 9, 2013

NARS Douceur Blush Review

NARS is one of those brands that never seems to disappoint.  Their blushers, their eyeshadows, their concealers: everything I try from them is always top quality and usually end up being some of my favorite products!

One of those stand out products is the NARS Douceur Blush ($29).  This is a pinky-brown blush (more brown than pink) that looks so natural on the cheeks.  It's a matte finish, making it look appropriate for any age!  It looks quite boring in the pan, I know I passed it up so many times when I was at the NARS counter, but once it's on your cheeks, it's stunning.


Douceur can also be used as a contour color for those with paler skin.  I've never personally tried this, but I know a lot of people who swear by it!



However, if you've tried NARS blushers before, you'll know that most of them are extremely pigmented.  This isn't necessarily the case with Douceur.  It takes a few more dips in the pan to get the proper color payoff, but if you like lighter, sheerer blushers, this one is probably for you!

Another thing to keep in mind with Douceur is that the longevity isn't fantastic.  It lasts about 5 or 6 hours before it starts to get patchy, which isn't great, in my opinion.


Longevity: 3/5
Pigmentation: 3.5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Texture: 4/5
Application: 4.5/5
Value For Money: 4/5 
Overall Rating: 7.67/10



Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment