Saturday, June 29, 2013

June Beauty Favorites

Beware of excessive amounts of beauty products in this post...



First up on the menu is primers.  I've never really been one for primers, but I want to start using them more because I only wear light coverage foundations, it doesn't last long without a primer.  I found two this month that I've been loving: the Burberry Fresh Glow Primer ($48) and the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer ($52).  Burberry's option can also be used as a highlighter and just perks up your complexion in general.  I tend to use it under more matte-finish foundations, just to give some life to my skin.  Whereas, the Hourglass option is great for longevity, making it a great option for any foundation pick.


Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream in Very Light
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (top: heavily swatched, bottom: blended out)
As for foundation, I've really been enjoying the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream in Very Light ($35).  The coverage is pretty good, but still light, and it's a great color match for me, plus it feels light on the skin and has SPF 30.  My concealer of choice for this month has been the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory (5.50), a very hydrating, illuminating concealer that I've been loving using every morning.  My new powder of choice, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light ($45), has also become a staple for my everyday make-up.  Used after my entire face of makeup is complete, it gives a final airbrushed look to the face without making it look too much or cakey in anyway.


Left to Right: MAC Naked Lunch, Burberry Trench, Benefit Birthday Suit

Moving on to eyes - I've had a couple of go to products for my eyes this month.  One combination has been the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit ($20) with the Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Trench ($29) overtop.  It's a gorgeous, subtle combination that was very office appropriate.  However, as the weather started to heat up, I started to go for lighter options - my favorite being MAC Naked Lunch ($12), a light, frosty beige that really brightens up the eyes.  I also discovered a great new mascara - Benefit They're Real Mascara ($23).  It adds great length and lasts really well on the lashes, it's no wonder it's a cult product!


Left: & Other Stories Canvas Taupe, Right: NARS Luster
Both heavily swatched

As for blush, I've recently claimed my love for & Other Stories Blusher in Canvas Taupe (£10).  A dusty rose shade, which is inaptly named, looks natural on the cheeks, and the perfect neutral color for any color added to the eyes or lips.  The other blush I've been reaching towards in my collection is NARS Luster ($29).  After purchasing this last summer, I've finally discovered it's beauty.  The perfect shimmery-apricot shade, with a golden sheen, it's a natural shade, but has a little something extra to it.


Left: Chanel Pygmalion, Right: MAC Ultra Darling

My two lip color choices of the month are tied to my new favorite TV series - Mad Men.  Of course, it's coral.  The first offering is MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Ultra Darling ($16).  A gorgeous coral-pink, which has a gorgeous sheeny finish, and keeps your lips moisturized like nothing else, this is something I couldn't put down all month.  The other coral is the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion ($34) - a recent limited edition release that I've been adoring.  This is more of a coral red shade, which leaves the lips with a light wash of color, making it easier to wear than something more opaque, add in the moisture factor on this tinted balm and I'm sold.

Finally, a few perfumes have stood out this month for me.  First, the Diptyque L'Eau du Trentre-Quatre EDT ($100 for 50ml) - it's perfection to say the least.  This perfume is multi-layered, leaving a scent that is made up of many different types of notes, which is what makes it so unique.  It's meant to smell like the inside of the original Diptyque store in Paris, and although I can't be sure, it sure smells like it would.  The other option for me has been Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One EDP ($98 for 2.5 oz).  A light, summery mixture of fruity and floral, with notes like rose and pink grapefruit, this perfume smells like summer in a bottle for me.  My first ever high end perfume buy (about 4 years ago) and I still go back to it all the time.  It's a very underrated scent, that no one seems to know when I mention it, but when they take a sniff, they seem to always fall in love.

What are your favorite products this month?  Have you tried anything that I've mentioned?

Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment