Wednesday, June 5, 2013

UK High-End Beauty Haul

In my last post I went over my drugstore purchases from my recent trip to the UK, but I wasn't able to restrain myself to just Boots and Superdrug (though I'd have a happy, if not healthy, relationship with both stores), I made a couple naughty trips to Space NK, Liberty, and a few more stores...


First up are a couple of powders that have been hot on my radar for a bit (one longer than the other).  I've heard so much about the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight (£34) over the last few months, that I simply had to have it after making the fatal mistake of swatching it.  I also made a little trip to the Hourglass Stand in Liberty and couldn't resist picking up one of their new Ambient Lighting Powders, opting for Dim Light (£38), which the Make-Up Artist said was the best-selling in the line, and I can definitely see why!



The Make-Up Artist at Liberty also completely sold me on the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (£52).  So very expensive, but since I wear light coverage foundation, I always have issues with longevity and she said this would help.  I've only used it once, but I did notice that my foundation did last longer, so I'm happy so far!  I also went to the Dolce & Gabbana Beauty Section at Duty Free in Heathrow and opted for their Concealer Perfect Finish Concealer in 2 (£20 at Duty Free).  I recently ran out of my beloved Burberry Concealer and my shade in that was sold out throughout all of London, so I thought I'd try something new.




This is where things got bad...  I really couldn't restrain myself when it came to finding the new 'Perfect Summer Foundation'.  Due to where I live in the US (when I do live there, that is), I rarely get a chance to swatch and test things out for myself more than a couple times a year, which leads to me sticking to what I know works for me, foundation-wise.  That being said, I couldn't miss the opportunity to get color-matched to a few different foundations while I was in London.  First up is the Chantecaille Just Skin in Alabaster (£57).  This has been on my list for over a year, but I definitely didn't want to splurge on this without testing it out in person first.  This was actually my last purchase in London - I had enough cash left to buy this, so I figured I may as well just do it!  Next up is the By Terry Sheer Expert in 2 Neutral Beige (£44).  I went into Space NK to get matched to the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Tinted Balm, but when no color really worked for my neutral hue, the woman assisting me said I should try By Terry instead.  She tried this on a little patch of my face and I fell in love - the perfect match.  For all you fair, beige-toned gals out there, check this stuff out!  Finally, I made a random purchase when perusing the Clinique counter at Boots and couldn't resist the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream in Extra Light (£28).  The fact that a CC Cream was light enough for me was a miracle in itself, and who am I to deny witnessing a miracle?  I obviously had to buy it, it was fate!



Finally, I made two more purchases while in the UK.  The first purchase was the Elemental Herbology Facial Glow (£39).  While I was being color-matched foundation, the Make-Up Artist complimented me on my skin, saying that all I needed to do was exfoliate.  I gave in and said that was the step I always skipped due to my hatred of exfoliating beads on my face (I feel like they're scratching me!).  However, once she mentioned how important it was, I had her recommend an exfoliator to me that didn't include any damn beads.  She recommended this to me and I left a happy woman - perfect skin here I come!   

The final product I purchased was the Diptyque 34 EDT (£60 for 50ml).  By far the most expensive perfume I own, but after spraying a bit on my wrists one morning at John Lewis, I spent my entire day smelling my wrists and lusting after the gorgeous scent.  So, I bit the bullet and made the super splurge and I'm so glad I did, it's quickly becoming a new favorite!

As you can tell by the post, I definitely left the UK in a better economic state than when I arrived- though my personal economic state is another story...


Have you tried any of these products?  Have any of these items made it onto your wishlist?


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment