Thursday, June 13, 2013

Keep Calm and Drink Tea

I thought I'd take a break from my usual Beauty-related posts and go for something different today: Tea.

I'm a massive fan of tea, I rarely drink coffee, so I try to drink a cup of tea everyday.  I find it tastes better (in my opinion) and it's a healthier option than coffee (as long as you don't add too much sugar to your tea).


While I was in London a few weeks back, I was browsing through Spitalfields Market and came across a stand selling loose-leaf tea.  I stood there and took a whiff of every single tea they were selling.  The guy working at the stand said there was an offer going on: 3 bags of loose-leaf tea for £13, plus a small tea-strainer, as well.  I obviously had to get some tea after that offer!


Notting Hill
This is a black tea, which I usually don't care for.  I usually find black teas to be lacking in flavor and generally need sugar, which I really don't like to add to drinks unless absolutely necessary.  However, when I smelled this, I had to have it.  This has the largest amount of tea in the bag out of the three, so I'll definitely get my money out of this!  The ingredients in this tea are: Apricot, Strawberry, Marigold Blossom, and Cornflowers, which makes it more fruity than most black teas, making it a great choice for Summer!


Egyptian Nights
Once I smelled this, I knew I had to have it.  My all-time favorite tea is peppermint tea, and I would gladly drink that everyday.  Egyptian Nights is made up of Egyptian Chamomile and Egyptian Mint.  The mint is quite strong smelling in this, so I think it will work with the chamomile quite well.  This might also be a good option for someone with a sore throat/cold, because chamomile is a good tea to drink for that, but the taste of chamomile is nothing short of gross, so the mint in it will probably work well with it!  I also got this because it's a red tea and I've never tried a red tea before.


Chelsea in Bloom
This was the first tea I knew I wanted, it smells amazing!  I'm generally not a fan of green tea, as I find it to taste a bit - how do I put this - plant-y?  I just feel like I'm drinking tea made out of grass, it doesn't taste good to me.  However since this has elderberry, apple, lemon, sunflower, rose, chamomile, blue mallow and peony, it adds a bit of fruit and floral to the otherwise eau de grass taste.  It also tastes pretty damn good, though perhaps not as nice as it smells (but only just).

Are you a tea drinker over a coffee drinker?  What are your favorite types of tea?


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment