Thursday, June 27, 2013

Benefit Birthday Suit Creaseless Cream Shadow Review

As a massive powder eyeshadow fan, I find it difficult to get into the cream shadows that everyone loves so much - I find them more difficult to work with and oftentimes, way too sparkly.  However, recently I've jumped on the bandwagon and have been using Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit ($20) pretty much non-stop.

This is the creamiest of cream eyeshadows that I've tried (which, I admit, is not very many).  It slides on the lid like butter, making it easy to apply and easy to blend - which was always my issue with cream eyeshadows.



Birthday Suit is a neutral tone, but it's also kind of metallic, as well.  Sephora describes it as a 'brushed chrome', but I'd say there's more brown/taupe to it than any hue of chrome I've ever seen.


Now, the sparkle factor (as I like to call it) isn't pretty on this one, I find it to be way too much sparkle on my eyes, but I usually apply a sweep of neutral powder eyeshadow (usually Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No. 02 Trench) on top to tone down the sparkle, which works quite well.

As for the actual formulation - well, it could be worse.  As I previously mentioned, this is the creamiest of cream shadows, which is great for application and blending, but isn't so great for longevity.  Without a primer this creases really quickly on me (all eyeshadows, cream or powder, do crease on me without a primer, but this one creases more quickly than others), but with a primer it stays all day.  So, if you're looking for something to use without anything underneath, this may not be for you.

I do really like this cream eyeshadow, the application is great and the color is gorgeous, but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect cream eyeshadow!

Longevity: 3/5
Pigmentation: 4/5
Packaging: 4/5
Texture: 5/5
Application: 5/5
Value For Money: 4/5 
Overall Rating: 8.33/10

Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment